My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 2 bin, 6 bushel collector that i use for cutting the grass is too small for collecting leaves... can't even get one pass across the lawn before it fills up.

i was thinking that i would build a box that straps to the back of my tractor (LT1000) for collecting leaves instead. i am not looking to do a trailer mounted contraption because i have a lot of trees to maneuver around.

anybody done this? i am mainly looking for ideas to make it easier to dump it once full

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
I haven't but could really use something for the leaves. Mine fills up quick also.
If you do it, others will follow!:fing32:

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
oh and the only other factory bagging option is 9 bushels. i am looking for say, 25 bushel capacity
I dunno if US units of measure are different, but doing the math...

55 US gallons is a barrel and a barrel is 3.28 bushels.
25 bushels divide by 3.28 = 7.62 barrels.

Are you sure about your math? You want to hang the equivalent of eight 55 gallon drums on the back of a lawn tractor?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I know it was on this site, but I can't remember which forum. One of the members here mounted one of those collapsible dog kennels on the back of their tractor. If I recall, it definately increased their capacity. Maybe that member will chime in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, i'll report back.

I dunno if US units of measure are different, but doing the math...

55 US gallons is a barrel and a barrel is 3.28 bushels.
25 bushels divide by 3.28 = 7.62 barrels.

Are you sure about your math? You want to hang the equivalent of eight 55 gallon drums on the back of a lawn tractor?
yeah, must be something in the conversion, as i get 25 US bushels to be ~232 US gallons or ~ 31.1 cubic feet. leaves are light. i wouldn't use it for grass clippings. a box 3.5' wide x 2.5' deep x 3.5' tall seems plenty reasonable and is about 25 bushels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts