My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Professional Homeowner
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was doing something I shouldn’t have been doing today- mowing along this steep overgrown ditch with the WH 520-H. Should have been using the brush hog I can back/hover over the edge of the ditch from 5’ away. The edge of the ditch was invisible pretty much due to the overgrowth. The edge jutted in a little bit, and I felt the machine start to slip in. Ended up like this.

Had to do a 1/4 mile walk of shame to get a 4x4 quad and tow strap.

Quad had almost all it could do to free the tractor from the ditch. Luckily the machine didn’t flip over, but I felt like it was pretty close.

Attachments

·
3,213 Posts
Yowza... take care guys. It happens just that fast.

·
Professional Homeowner
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, glad your okay. Does the Kubota have a mid mower? Can that cut it?
Kubota has a way undersized rear mounted 5’ brush hog and a hydrostatic transmission, so it takes awhile but it’s a lot safer. Doesn’t cut this nice, either.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Whoa, glad you didn't roll it.

I would call that trimmer territory, although anything I ride on ends up a bit more top-heavy than the factory engineers planned.

·
Super Moderator
29,944 Posts
Well good that it didn't roll on you! Also good to have something to pull it back up with.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I think I would really give some thought to using the Wheel Horse on that particular grade. If it had gone a bit farther over, leaned a bit more, it may have ended up trying to press your pants, with you still in 'em.
You lucky. Didja buy a lotto ticket?
tom

·
Registered
5,416 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
So, you're saying you are a little top-heavy? I'd like to lower my seat and convert my rider to a low rider.
Yeah, a bit big-boned. The low rider idea sounds good - if the engineers had known that I was going to be using their product they probably would have put the seat down around axle level for stability.

·
Premium Member
9,535 Posts
Yikes! Glad you're ok. I don't even want to think about that sinking feeling you get when you just feel like your tractor is going over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad you only had a walk of shame and not rolled it over on yourself. My Dad's property had a ditch like that in front of the house at the road. I would back straight down perpendicular to the ditch and then straight up and out, move the tractor over and repeat. Took time but got the job done. Looks like that is how you will be using the brush hog.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts