My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out of all lawnboys ive noticed one thing.no one ever clean the pockets between the discharge plate and the deck!on my boys i clean them every time i mow or wash,wax,polish them and whatever else. i try my hardest to keep that area clean because most if i dont i have a really hard time switching modes.do you guys do this as much as i do or am i going over kill again?

·
Banned
864 Posts
your not going overkill "freak" i do that to especially on steel decks so the grass doesn't rot the deck away

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,064 Posts
I agree keeping everything as dry as possible is the key to prevent rust and corrosion. I have noticed also that the newer decks are designed a little better, in the fact that they don't have the pockets that trap the grass like the older mag and aluminum decks. My 92 model seems to stay much cleaner underneath than my bricks. I am assuming it is all because of the design underneath.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree keeping everything as dry as possible is the key to prevent rust and corrosion. I have noticed also that the newer decks are designed a little better, in the fact that they don't have the pockets that trap the grass like the older mag and aluminum decks. My 92 model seems to stay much cleaner underneath than my bricks. I am assuming it is all because of the design underneath.
yeah ive notcied that and steel decks are the worst for the grass getting trapped.i almost can never get the plates off!

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
I pull mine off and blow out everything with the air hose. I'm trying to keep them as clean as I can and still use them. Though I have a couple that are restored I can't bring myself to mow with...

I just wish my duraforce was easier to get the rear bagging chute on and off. If I recall all of those rear bag chutes are a bear, and this one seems harder yet. I don't want it in one mode only, I like to change it up depending on what mower I feel like using. And again, removing it to clean...

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i agree w/ 2 c f,
keepin clean keeps rot away

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pull mine off and blow out everything with the air hose. I'm trying to keep them as clean as I can and still use them. Though I have a couple that are restored I can't bring myself to mow with...

I just wish my duraforce was easier to get the rear bagging chute on and off. If I recall all of those rear bag chutes are a bear, and this one seems harder yet. I don't want it in one mode only, I like to change it up depending on what mower I feel like using. And again, removing it to clean...
ditto on that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts