My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

I have a broodmoore in a 38 inch deck with a 14 hp vangurad engine. The mower does not seem to discharge grass very good. It wants to clump up for a lack of a better term. The power is good, The vanguard is strong.

However, it just clumps grass up. My father has the same mower only in a 44 inch deck and it slings grass everywhere. His only has the 16 hp briggs inteck but it cuts great.

I took the deck off tonight and cleaNED it out. It waS A mess. I sprayed it with something called Clean Machine tonight. Its supposed to cut down on the clogging up of your deck.

Is this the nature of having only two blades vs having three? My dads mower has a lesser engine but will plow thru things mine wont. At the same time, I think my 14 Vanguard has as much torque if not more than the 16 intek. Especially at a low rpm.

I need your thoughts and will report back.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I want to repot that I got the deck cleaned. I sprayed it according to the instructions. It will be about a week before I can report back. The Deck was a mess.

My dads 16 hp intek seems to be burning some oil withe only 220 hours. Any ideas on that? We are running the **** out of these guys. The governor rolls in aND IT stays that way for a couple of hours. I guess we are abusing them?

Not sure at all. The 14 is rock solid but does not burn a drop now. The 16 uses a bit but cuts like a champ. Im open to imput for sure.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
running the engine at full RPM while mowing, regardless of travel speed/gear?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
running the engine at full RPM while mowing, regardless of travel speed/gear?
Yep, running them both at Wot. tHE 16 INTECK burns some oil. The 14 Vanguard does not burn a drop. The inteck has briggs 30 wt oil in it and tjr 14 is running 5w 30 mobile one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts