My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright what is the best way to clean grease dirt build up off my lawnboy engine its nasty!! i just dont want to blast it with a hose do i?

·
Administrator
21,221 Posts
Glad you asked that question, Adam. Take a look at the pictures of my 8481 and you'll see I need the same thing!

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
You could blast the engine block with brake cleaner in a can and wipe it off, but it does ruin paint. I've heard of people here using pressure washers to get the grease and grime off.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i been using old fashion elbow grease on it! I have a before and after pic of one from just scrapping. Good thing I dont mind a liitle work!:ROF

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
I just get after them with a power washer. The one we have at work has heat but either way it will blow it right off there no problem. Maybe soak it with something first like 409 or fantastik...just don't open the air filter cover and spray it right in there or anything...and definitely wash out and re-oil the filter element when you're done. Also run it after you spray it, get it hot, let it run for a few minutes so the coil and the rest of it has a chance to dry out. That's just what I do.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Simple Green Automotive cleaner, and a hose.

Too much trouble to set up the pressure washer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts