My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Mr Ts diner in Mt Vernon Washington. Only open till 2. They serve lunch stuff but I've never had it lol. Breakfast stuff is amazing. Biscuits and gravy is great. Better be hungry because the biscuits are 6inx6x6 and the full order has 2.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's been over 20 years but I swear I can still taste the ribs I bought one day at a local joint somewhere outside of West Memphis Ark. I saw billboards for it and was really surprised to find that it really was a dive of sorts. It might have been on I-40?
Whatever, that place is forever etched in my memory as the best ribs I ever had,and I've eaten a ton of ribs. I was headed back to Dayton Ohio and could smell that sauce all the way!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Old thread but if you are traveling on 49 south from Jackson to Hattiesburg, MS do your taste buds and bbq hunger a favor and stop at Shady Acres just below Seminary, MS. We have stopped there over the years to buy their homemade jams & jellies and a few garden fresh veggies but have never eaten in their Smokehouse restaurant until this week. I don't eat much pork and splurged but their pulled pork sandwich, baked beans & broccoli casserole and homemade chips blew me totally out of the water. I swear it was just like eating the world class bbq in Memphis we enjoyed years ago. On the way out we ordered a go box containing a huge smoked pork chop, a beef sausage link, bbq beans and broccoli casserole and another with a regular burger that was so big & thick it had to be halved. Oh man, that was some fine bbq and enough for both of us for 3 meals all for under $30.00, which included our lunch.

·
15,000 +posts!
19,692 Posts
Dave's is really good now, been there a bunch of times. Sissons however is out of business as of last year.
Someone tried to re-open Sission's old Diner,but I heard they closed up after only a few months..

I live only 3 miles from the rotary circle and the Fireside Grill --haven't eaten there in years though,ditto for "Percy's Place" on the other side of the rotary,but I hear they do have good breakfasts..

One place I have wanted to buy B-B-Q at on Rt.44 on the Taunton/Raynham line,a guy who has an outdoor smoker--he's right across from the Rite-Aid where I get my prescriptions filled--one day as I walked out of the store,I caught a whiff of the smoke,and mmmmm,it smelled awesome!--so I risked my life dashing across Rt.44 and looked at his menu,and the prices were pretty steep,but the guy said "here--sample some first"..

--he handed me a paper plate with a few ribs and some other stuff,and wow,it was the best I ever tasted...I bought a dinner there once ,but haven't been back since,I don't get a lot to live on,so eating out is a luxury I rarely do any more..but his food was awesome..guy moved here from down south and knows his B-B-Q !..

41 - 44 of 44 Posts