My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the snapper rer was running good a month ago, sorted out a few issues a no start, a valve adjustment.

she starts but when letting clutch out she dies

09 snapper rer w/ 12.5HP intex difficulty w/ adjusting brake/clutch I put clutch cable back exactly like previously. what I did was tighten the clutch cable thinking it was the brake safety switch that was preventing ignition. which trurneed out to be a a switch issue.

to be honest I don't know what I was adjusting brake or clutch.

while in neutrel Mine doesn't have park,I think the pedal has to be held in place halfway and the yoke should be parrael to land this adjustment is w/ collects attached to cable.

then pedal is all the way down and locked still in neutrel the adjustment is adding/releaseing tension on the cable under engine 3/4" from relaxed spring.
when Jim says relaxed spring is this w/ the adjuster threaded tube unattached from where it mounts? because I adjusted w/ ithe adjuster mounted. now thinking there was tension on spring>

two differnt ways to adjust the single cable is confussing to me.

what I did was when in neutrel brake locked adjusted the clutch so basicelly I ddin't adjust brake w/ collects so brake never got adjusted all I did was effectively adjust clutch incorrectly because the brakes needs to be correct beffore the clutch is adjusted.

I never touched any of the collect of the brake adjustment thought why it was fine before.
I also put clutch back exactly as before.

am I understanding this procedure as a 2 step, correctly?
thanks for any tips

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yours would probably be around series 23 . Thw clutch adjustment would be on the brake/clutch pedal and the brace adjustment at the reat see the illustrations I'm posting. I think the clutch adjusts first then the brake. sounds like the brake is too tight and kills the engine when releaseing the pedal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it's a series 23 yes exactly when releaseing the brake she die's.

I have sean a few videos on the drive being lowered w/ the allen head screws I don't have a long allen wrench.

however I never messed w/ it just the tension on the cable was adjusted.

pedal is all the way down and locked still in neutrel the adjustment is adding/releaseing tension on the cable under engine 3/4" from relaxed spring.
when Jim says relaxed spring is this w/ the adjuster threaded tube unattached from where it mounts? because I adjusted w/ ithe adjuster mounted. now thinking there was tension on spring
thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts