My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the transaxle, hydro-gear 311-3500, in Big Red had an option for a Differential Lock. Does anyone have this option? Is it an internal or external installment? Can it be added after it has left the factory? In other words, could I add this option to mine now?

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
you would need to look at the parts breakdown between the one you have and the one with the differential. i imagine it is not a cheap modification.

the K71 in my X500 has an option for hydraulic ports, and Deere uses it in the higher X5xx models. i looked into what is required to change mine, and it ain't worth it as i would need a new housing and several other parts. then add in the fact that i would have to 100% disassemble the unit and put it in teh new housing and it just ain't worth it! i would imagine adding diff lock to yours would be similar.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I've heard similiar in regards to adding diff-lock on the K66 (get a full replacement w/ lockers instead of retro)

If you have enough fab skills you might be able to figure how to add external independent rear brakes (so you could stop the wheel that is slipping and give all power to the wheel with traction) I think increasing traction (ag tires, weights..) is an easier option that adds most of the benefit..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts