My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I'm looking to replace the fuel pump on my Kohler 12 hp K301, and when I give the local shops the spec # (47764) they're telling me it takes a pump that's over $100 big ones. That seems ridiculous. They do have other pumps made for K301's that are much less, like $30-$40. Is there any reason you guys know of why I couldn't run the less expensive pump?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Just guessin', but they probably see the pn for the old metal pump, which is no longer available anyway. The replacement is plastic and works fine, just not rebuildable. No rebuild parts available either anyway.

·
Registered
603 Posts
OK so I'm looking to replace the fuel pump on my Kohler 12 hp K301, and when I give the local shops the spec # (47764) they're telling me it takes a pump that's over $100 big ones. That seems ridiculous. They do have other pumps made for K301's that are much less, like $30-$40. Is there any reason you guys know of why I couldn't run the less expensive pump?
Any fuel pump off a K241, K301, K321, K341, or K361 will fit.

The Magnum series will not fit, the lever has a larger off-set (at least on some I have had) and I have had customers buy the M-series style and try them on K-series and they will not work.

Grace and peace
- Joe

·
16,524 Posts
Is yours the 'old' style metal bodied pump?
If so--I can pass on a link for a rebuild kit...

glenn

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that's what I hear. I noticed there is a metal one on Ebay. Besides being rebuildable, are the metal ones any better or longer lasting? I'm debating on getting one of those if they hold up better. How much do these rebuild kits cost?

·
16,524 Posts
Rebuild kits are under $30 right now--if that one is in good shape that you are looking at....make sure the plunger is the same length as what you have now, though--there were several models put out...

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I replaced my fuel pump on my 1282 there were two options. Cheap one and expensive one. Same pump just the flow direction was opposite. Of course the flow direction of the 1282 with the K301 (at least mine) flowed forward on the drivers(left side seated facing foward). This was like $85 vs the $34-$45 range for the opposite flow direction that would mount on other side of motor?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts