My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
So little time.....
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My odyessy continues.....

I also found a 28086S that I may be able to get for cheaper than the 25066S, but without the bagger. Could someone give me a brief rundown of what the main differences are between these two models? Also, is there a bagger attachment for the 28086S? I've spent part of the day looking for this information on the web so I wouldn't have to bother anyone here. Is there a site that has a reference for this stuff in case I have any more questions? You've been so helpful so far, I apologize for asking more questions. Thanks again!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Model #s break down pretty easy.

The first two digits are the width of cut.
The next two are the HP
The next digit is the series. The series 6 is the ones with automatic blade stop.
If there is an S on the end it has electric start.

IIRC the "extra-tough" models had an X before the S.
IIRC the ones equipped with Wisconsin-Robin engines had an R at the end.

To answer your original question. The mowers are 28" 8HP and 25" 6HP, both series 6, electric start.

·
Snapper Lover
459 Posts
And yes you can get a bagger attachment for a 28". Should be the same as the 33" bagger. I've got 2 of them.

I've got parts and service manuals for that vintage of equip that I could send you. Has most of that information and attachement info in them. PM me your emails address and I'll mail them over.

T.C.

T.C.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello TC,

could you do me the big favour and mail me the 28086S
documentation as well ?
Mine just broke down and does not want to drive nor brake
anymore.

Will send a PM in a minute.

THX