My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen in a few threads lately in pictures posted that the differential lock (orange) is down to the floorboard. These have been on the X7xx series, but didn't know if the same applied to my X500. When the parking brake is set, should the diff. lock be up or down?

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,547 Posts
I can't say for the x500, but can confirm that mine goes down with the brake on my x728, and did on my prior 445.

·
USAF Vet
75 Posts
Saw your question in another thread, but will answer here:

When I picked up the X728, the dealer pointed out that the 'diff-lock-down-when-parked' was a recent change (at least in the X700 series).

He said the parking brake was now designed to lock the differential thereby locking both rear tires when parked. This is why the orange pedal/button thing is down in some of my pics.

·
Registered
287 Posts
When I picked up the X728, the dealer pointed out that the 'diff-lock-down-when-parked' was a recent change (at least in the X700 series).

He said the parking brake was now designed to lock the differential thereby locking both rear tires when parked. This is why the orange pedal/button thing is down in some of my pics.
You are correct on this, but this feature has been around for awhile on the 4x5 and X4x5 and X5x5 tractors. Thank you for explaining why they go down when the parking break was down. never thought about it that way before:trink39:

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,542 Posts
Stays up on 2010 X500.... That's longer than four hours, do I need to seek my diff. lock some immediate mechanical attention???

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats what I was wondering if I needed to take it back to the dealer but I'm guessing JD just started this on the 2012's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts