My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
21,369 Posts
Not sure of the brand of can, but I can unscrew the entire spout mechanism just like when you fill it at the pump and I have a giant funnel. Works well and fills fast. I would like a link to Canadian Tire if possible.
Gas Cans & Accessories | Canadian Tire

I like the eco friendly nozzles that push back to open a valve to get the fuel out. It lets me rest the weight of the can on the fill port of the tank instead of holding up all 35 lb by hand at the start of filling.

Yes, they take a bit longer to fill the tank, but I don't work so hard anymore and can lean on the tractor and just balance the jug until the tank is full. I spent my life working hard, now it's nice to relax in retirement.

·
5,480 Posts
I have a 1 of the old style cans for diesel and and 2 of the new style cans. I only use the one old style can anymore and you can guess that the new style cans get not used. For gas I have a couple of the old style cans and they work well. Just one use of the new diesel can and I was poring into a funnel into the old styl can. Never used again for diesel. Now I use the new style to pour used oil into it and take it to the recyclers

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I found a $10 solution that is perfect. The product is EZ-Pour. It comes in a kit and includes a proper diesel-sized fill spout and (the best part) a vent for your existing fuel can. Modification took less than a minute. Simply drill a hole on the handle and insert the press-in breather. Done. I'm now able to put 5 gallons of diesel in my tractor in 30 seconds without any splatter mess.
Ez-Pour can be found at Tractor Supply and Amazon.

Attachments

·
Cub 1046 owner
79 Posts
I saw that easy pour set-up at TS this weekend. It is in my near future.

Better get one before some lawyer takes it off the market...

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,682 Posts

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,682 Posts
That looks pretty cool, only part that bothers me is the "EPA approved". Most of the time, if they like it, I wont. :tango_face_smile_bi
Only downside I see is the fuel container your drawing from needs to be higher than the one your filling.

·
Farmer
1,502 Posts
I will have to get the EZ pour to try. I told my budding about it and he said what he did was just drill a 1/8 inch hole in the top and cover it with duct tape until he want to use it. Of course he empties the can into a compact tractor when he uses it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm a big believer in the ez-pour products. I even bought the threaded Jerry can adapter that fits the milsurp cans. They don't have a good solution for my regular round metal cans, I've been getting spouts on eBay for those.

·
Tractor Enthusiest
311 Posts
Now that I have my kubota b8200 for work tractor plus snowblowing, and my kubota zd21 for mowing, I bought a 55gal drum for diesel fuel plus a hand crank with a 15' hose. It should last me the year, put diesel kleen additive for antigel and centane booster to keep it fresh. Then I just pull the machine up to it and crank for a few minutes and I get a full tank.

I got tired of lugging 8 5gal jugs to the gas station, now I just put the drum on the trailer and take it to the station that pumps heating oil so no road tax.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Now that I have my kubota b8200 for work tractor plus snowblowing, and my kubota zd21 for mowing, I bought a 55gal drum for diesel fuel plus a hand crank with a 15' hose. It should last me the year, put diesel kleen additive for antigel and centane booster to keep it fresh. Then I just pull the machine up to it and crank for a few minutes and I get a full tank.

I got tired of lugging 8 5gal jugs to the gas station, now I just put the drum on the trailer and take it to the station that pumps heating oil so no road tax.
I did that as well, except I got a smoking deal on a brand new 120v transfer pump. I still have the 5 gal cans I had before, but will use them if I take the tractor to my dads or inlaws. But its so nice to now just pull up to the barrel, start up the pump and pump away.

·
Blank Space
2,955 Posts
As far as drilling a vent hole in the 5G cans and potential spillage ... what about a pet **** for draining radiators? Open with a half turn or so to vent, close for storage/transport.

They should thread right into the plastic cans tight enough with the right size hole drilled.

(OK, word censors are stupid. You know the work though, right? Fighting rooster and all.)

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Rebuilding my First JD GT
3,302 Posts
As far as drilling a vent hole in the 5G cans and potential spillage ... what about a pet **** for draining radiators? Open with a half turn or so to vent, close for storage/transport.

They should thread right into the plastic cans tight enough with the right size hole drilled.

(OK, word censors are stupid. You know the work though, right? Fighting rooster and all.)
Try spelling the word with out any spaces as it should be spelled. i.e. petcock.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've thought about getting a drum myself. I just don't have a good place to put it out of the weather. My garage is almost all shelved, so cans (annoying as they are) work better.

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
I have given up on all gas/diesel cans except for the Eagle safety cans. No leaks to worry about when hauling them and with the funnel installed no spills when filling up the tractors.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts