My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
I like the looks of that 8179 in Wisconsin - great looking tractor for the $$!

I just happened to run across another 5865 the other day - with a brake and a 38" blower - in pretty nice shape. Thinkin' I might be right back in the trick bag again - a little sooner than I'd hoped....

·
Super Moderator
12,804 Posts
I imagine it will be gone tomorrow, but new engine/low hours 8179KT, 50" deck, in WI, $500:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/grd/1905636252.html

Looks like the rest of it is in good shape too. How can you beat that at $500?
You're right, gone very soon.
I'm looking at this again. This is really a nice looking machine at $500. Wi. is just a little too far away from L.I. Like Don posted, :(

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What is up with the terramite? What does "its baaaack" mean? Is it a fake ad?
Because these are totally cool and very rare, and they pop up online for sale from time to time.

Personally I think they look like one of those face-huggers from the Alien movies attacked a little Tonka toy....

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
What's the consensus on the price being asked for that terramite, given its present condition? I don't know a great deal about them, but that asking price doesn't appear too unreasonable.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
What's the consensus on the price being asked for that terramite, given its present condition? I don't know a great deal about them, but that asking price doesn't appear too unreasonable.
Working unit makes it worth the money. In better condition it can go for 3 to 5K.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Judging by the ad, the seller is probably computer illiterate and probably never realized they never posted a contact number. O well, I got a few things on the back burner anyways :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got an email from the guy about the terramite. He lives in England now because of several failed businesses and a terrible divorce. He has it listed with Liberty Consignment Stores LLC. I think I will just them the titles for my trucks and the deed for my house.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts