My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been super busy with work here lately, But i did have some time to spend on a few much needed upgrades. :thThumbsU

So on too the pics. First the loader, Drove up to Wuconda Illinois about 6 hours to pick this up. Well worth the drive and $$$ it cost me. It came with everything including the wrong relief valve, Will get pics of it soon. Poeny It has your name on it. :)

The loader has had very little use. Tags still on the inside of the bucket

Then on the way home in the truck i was surfing Craigslist and found a Deal i couldn't pass up. Near Bloomington Il. A complete set of New take off wheels and tires from a X748. Gladly paid 150.00 for them !!!

Once back home i went to my local dealer and Ordered the front hubs,lug nuts, caps and front fenders.

So that leaves me with the one set of Ag tires to fill for winter and much needed rear weight for the loader.

When summer comes around i will put the HDAP rears on and use them for mowing. But for now this is how it sits. Only 3 inches of room to get the shed doors closed. Going to hit up the better half come spring to ask for a bigger shed to store my toys in. :praying:

Have not used it much, I am still waiting on the correct relief valve to come in. Should get it sometime this week i hope.

The Challenger has already arrived.... 12 tons of Black top soil to test the whole Rig out on. Been raining here for the last 3 days so waiting on the valve hasn't been that bad i guess. :crybaby:

Once the ground dries out and i get the valve installed, It's On !! :greendr:

I would like to say thank you to MikeX485 & Sergeant for all the help you guys gave me while i was planning this project. :thanku:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Looks great, I cannot ever find a loader on CL around here.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Looks great, congrats on the loader!!! That was a deal and a half on those tires. Looks awesome with the SE hubs too!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,

Yes it is eating away at me that i haven't used it yet. Just drove around the yard is all.

The tires came from a dealership, The salesman selling them said it was a cash deal because they was bleeding out there inventory or something like that. I didn't care just wanted them in the bed of the truck so i could get back on the interstate ha ha !

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow, that it awesome! I am envious of that FEL that you found. It looks like it's very lightly used at the most. Nice find. :fing32:

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
The loader and extras look great! Nice score on the HDAPs too. I bet you can hear the pile of dirt calling.

You should be able to use it pre relief valve. I think it more of an insurance thing for when you have huge weight on the back and filled/weighted tires. So much that when using the loader you cannot spin the rear tires if you were to try. In the fall with moist ground it would be hard to get that much traction unless you are on concrete. Just take it easy until you get the valve installed.

Good luck with it!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Jared, wished I knew you were passing thru, could have met up. Im about 20 miles NW of Bloomington. Did you travel I55 or I39 from Bloomington north? Which dealer did you get the tires from?

Great deal on the tires by the way.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
The loader and extras look great! Nice score on the HDAPs too. I bet you can hear the pile of dirt calling.

You should be able to use it pre relief valve. I think it more of an insurance thing for when you have huge weight on the back and filled/weighted tires. So much that when using the loader you cannot spin the rear tires if you were to try. In the fall with moist ground it would be hard to get that much traction unless you are on concrete. Just take it easy until you get the valve installed.

Good luck with it!:thThumbsU
I agree with POENY. Your protection from overloading the FEL comes from the implement relief valve (IRV), which you already have in place. The THRV is there for a situation where the wheels won't break free and relieve the transmission pressure. That would typically be when very heavily laden on dry pavement and perfect traction.

I would think you can operate the FEL on soil as long as you're not trying to max it out and find the limits of what you can push.

Very nice upgrades!!:trink40:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Dude.....what a great setup you have there. I hope you get some good seat time in soon.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats and you got a smokin deal on the wheels and HDAP's. I would also suggest to add a rear ballast box for your tractor if you plan on doing a lot of heavy lifting with the FEL and a toothbar for digging into hard packed soil. I had the same set up as you on my 425 & FEL and for doing light work your wheel weights and loaded tires are fine but for anything heavy you'll appreciate the extra added rear weight. slkpk

·
Another Day in Paradis...
1,862 Posts
Congrats on that awesome setup! :fing32:

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Looks good and awesome deal on the wheels/tires!

·
Premium Member
31,653 Posts
Jaredfly, Congrats, that was a great deal on the 45 and the tires. The tractor looks awesome with the upgrades. :trink39::trink39::trink39:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts