My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3000 doesn't seem to be charging - no difference in battery voltage when off or running. This is after I put the battery on a charger. It's currently reading 13.84v. I did speed the engine up considerably so I think the generator should have kicked in.

How to diagnose whether it's the generator, regulator, or wiring? What should be happening that I can measure?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a similiar problem with mine. I replaced the connectors at the generator and voltage regulator, because they were looking rough and that took care of my problem. The wider connection was hard for me to find. I ended up getting a couple from a alternator repair shop. The alternator shops in my area love the old generators and voltage regulators, they don't hardly see them any more. They normally will check them for me for free when I bring them in.
My battery reads 12.62, just sitting there, then with motor running at a medium idle and generator kicked in it goes to 13.87. I have never checked it at high idle. I was happy with the approx 1 + volt jump up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts