My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
All Fired Up
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a DGT6000 917.276120. I am having trouble with the hanger brackets(part that holds the suspension pin) on the mower deck bending and the sway brackets on the frame pulling toward the center. Anyone else experience this?

edit: I think I am going to add a bar between the frame where the sway brackets attach and also reenforce the hanger brackets on the deck.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yea, I noticed on some models they omitted that Rod Bracket Sway Bar. If you want to order it, it's #194667. It goes for $9.76 at SearsPartsDirect.com. They also decided to delete the front nose roller on these 54inch decks. Kinda stupid.

PS.....don't forget to order the 2 bolts to mount it!

·
Registered
365 Posts
MXR,

Which bracket are you referring to? My DYT4000 had a bracket that bolted in under the floorboard and ran to the middle of the rearmost part of the deck. Is that the one?

I have the exact same model number as the OP here, and almost have all the bugs worked out of the deck on this thing. Best mow I ever got was today after I straightened out another bent bracket I found.

·
All Fired Up
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got 450+ hours on it with out any trouble til the other day when only one side of the deck would lift. Right side spring loaded pin fell out. That bar mentioned will solve the problem. I think the cause of the trouble was because the deck was adjusted so low that the wheels kept draging the ground.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Another thing that you need to watch for is bent hanger bolts. When the deck sways back and forth, these bolts tend to bend. I had to replace mine. I tried to hammer them back straight, but the threads were too far damaged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts