My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
dgt1700
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A relay in battery box area has failed. A dual connector with 2 red or red/orangish wires that are probably 18 ga. Also 2 heavier wires yellow and red in the 10-12 ga size. Haven't been able to find a wiring diagram. So looking for wiring diagram for this mower. A lot of google searches is providing a lot of info for other than this mower. Anyone with thoughts?

·
Registered
dgt1700
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The biggest problem yesterday was finding the correct wiring diagram, so I could figure out what the problem was. After a few more hours of digging, I came up with an excellent PDF of the manual and from that a clear wiring diagram. Today, I am off to auto parts store to buy a 30 amp relay to wire in place of the original, which was burned and corroded away. Thanks for reply.
Patrick

·
makin noise!
364 Posts
You never described what function of the tractor is not working. You said a relay, what does this relay control? What is your tractor doing/not doing?

·
Registered
dgt1700
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It turns out it was the glow plug relay that was rusted out and corroded to the point of falling apart. Replace it with a 30 amp auto relay and tractor started right up. Then I had almost the same problem today with the PTO relay. It also was old and tired, like me sometimes, and I pulled it and replaced it after rubbing no-corrode grease on contacts. Mowed for better part of 2 hours no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts