Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What like a spin-on filter???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After a quick trip to the Sears parts website....It it the opposite.
The GT5000 has a spin-on filter, the DGS6500 has an external fluid resevoir...

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
OK, wasn't certain. So 5 extra points for the GT5000? I looked at one in my local Sears a couple of months ago, and just perception wise, it seemed to have a sturdy, well reinforced c channel frame, and the mower deck seemed heavier than the LTs there.

I always felt that if I had been able to replace fluid and filter on my DYT4000 it would have lasted longer.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
No idea what the 6000 has under it transaxle wise. The GTS5000 "Excellerator" has the Hydro-Gear G730 which is the current fastest forward ground speed hydrostat at 7.5Mph and has a spin on automotive filter.

Photo is from under my 5000.

Want to know what's sad? The "filter shield" on the transaxle is thicker steel than the frame..... :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I believe that the DGS6500 is being phased out. I was going to buy that when I bought my GT-5000 because the 6500 was a bit cheaper. Sears had told me that no more 6500's were avaiable and could only be found through the Sears outlet if they were there. I looked but none were avaiable close enough for me to make it worth it. I purchased the GT-5000

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.