My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems whenever i go out to the shed to start the Simplicity Broadmoor, I either have a flat tire or one thats low. So I end up dragging an air hose of the garage, out to the shed. Not a huge deal, but a pita anyway.

So I decided to buy a Dewalt 20 volt, cordless inflator. Model DCC020IB.
Let me tell you this thing is fantastic! Small, lightweight and super powerful. After blowing up the tractor tires, I stopped off all the tires on both cars (including the spares) and still had all of the battery light bars.

Fast (well considering its battery operated), so much more convenient than waiting for the main compressor to pump up, dragging out an air hose and then having to brewing said hose and bleed down the compressor again. Zip, poof, bang and done.

Love Dewalt 20v cordless tools and this just became one of my favorites.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about:

[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
I just got one for my "class A" RV. I needed something rated up above 100 psi becuse the tires on my RV need to be inflated to 100 psi cold, and this DeWalt compressor is rated up to 160 psi, plus I needed something that wouldn't take up too much space on my RV. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I am hoping that it does the trick. My brother-in-law bought a different type off of the internet that needs to connect directly to the vehicle battery with alligator clips that look like a smaller version of jumper cables, because it draws 30 amps at 12 volts, but is rated to 250 psi. It's actually smaller than the DeWalt, but it costs over $400.00. I got th DeWalt on sale a few months ago for $99.00 at Home Depot plus I had a $25.00 off coupon for any purchase over $100.00, so I added something little to the order that I needed anyway to push the total over $100.00, so it basically ended up costing me $75.00.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Another recent and handy Dewalt goody is their 20/18 volt cordless/corded 2gallon wet/dry vac.
This little fella does it all!
And.. it takes the newer 20 volt batts as well as the older 18's that I use in my Dewalt cordless drill so I was able to buy the "tool only" vac and save money.
It has pretty good suction even on battery, but can also be plugged into 120v for even more power.
I tote this vac everywhere in and out of the house/garage/wood shop/yard.
Oh, it's also a not so bad blower as well!

Renster

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
I have the smaller DeWalt 20 volt wet/dry vac for my RV also. It's a great product as well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. Also have one. Works great. But its been out there for awhile and the inflator is somewhat new.

So far, I haven't found any Dewalt 20v tools which had flaws (at least none that would be a cause for rejection).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts