My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone, I'm new to this site and I want to share a few pics of my baby if I can get them loaded lol. I had been looking for for one of the tractors for about 8 year's or more but it was really hard to find one in decent shape that I could afford, so last year I finally found this 1914 ultima, which I was really looking for the 1920 but this is what I found and with 291 hours on it I couldn't pass it up. Of course it was in horrible shape cosmetically and it didn't or hadn't ran in years, but it was all there and the price was right, so now I'm in the process of turning it into the 1920 model and ecept for the dual brakes and the the twin cylinder engine, I'm there. So I just wanted to post some pics and see what everyone thinks.

Attachments

Super Moderator
Nice! I keep my eye out for a DA 1920 as well, only other "Green" GT I'd like to have at some time. But you've certainly come close getting the 1914 up to the 1920 level!! Do you have any other pics of the transformation??

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Not really I wish that I would have taken the time to do that, because switching the differential to the two speed axle with the diff lock was a little bit harder than I thought it was going to be, but it's in there. I haven't been able to locate a decent 20hp twin cylinder Kohler to plant in it yet if any of you guys would happen to know where there is even a good candidate for a rebuild please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated, and if their is anything that I could help you guys out there with I would be happy to do so. This site is so much more friendly than simple tractors , so thanks everyone for having me aboard and making me feel welcome.

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear you don't have some more photos, would have been interesting to see how you got the 2 speed in there with all the linkages. Well we hope you enjoy the site! We work hard to keep it a great place to discuss tractors, equipment and hobbies.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I wish that I had taken a video or pics either on, but to be honest when I started the resto on this tractor I didn't even know that these forums existed lol I did realize how many people wer into garden tractors because in my earia it's pretty much just me, I don't know of another single person that is into gt's at all, soI'm so glad that I found this site. And I really enjoy talking with you guys. Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and I meant to say I the last post putting the two speed in actually wasn't too awfully bad I had to cut a notch out in my fender and one in my tunnel cover for my diff lock and just a tiny mod on my hydro control, and that was about it the rest of it bolted right in. Thanks to you guy all of the interest and talking with me I'm having a blast.

Premium Member
Nice!!

Super Moderator
A lot of folks find us when searching for something about their GT's. Probably more people than you know are into it. See if you can find any steam or tractor shows in your area as those normally now have a garden tractor display where people "show off" their GT's.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info I'll do that. I'm kind off the oddball around here, people will bring me their gt's when they need fixed but other than that as far as I know their isn't anyone like us here lol.

Registered
that tractor is gorgeous! Is that a different green than OEM Deutz green? It looks lighter....I have owned many sunstars, 1918s and 1920s and yours is amazing. I am not a fan of their hoods, but all cleaned up yours looks great

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks ,and yes it's a deutz fleet green or some call it spring green , I had a local ppg paint shop mix it for me.

Premium Member
Nice looking DA, if I see or hear of any DA's, I'll let you know and welcome.

CCMoe

Not so junior poster
Nice looking DA!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts