My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell from the pictures what this dethatcher might fit?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
:sorry1: cant help you on the fit, but I have been wanting a front mount for my Snapper YT for sooooooo long now ........ wish I could find one let alone one as in good shape as your JD unit there. :thThumbsU

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
MY tractor!!!! :thThumbsU

I too am looking for one. I think they are all the same only the arms are different. Is this true? Some one help me out....:dunno:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
MY tractor!!!! :thThumbsU

I too am looking for one. I think they are all the same only the arms are different. Is this true? Some one help me out....:dunno:
That is correct...the arms and the lifting bracket are different between tractors. Can't help on which tractor that will fit.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well it obviously is a front mount, but the arms are way different than the ones I have for my 316. It appears to mount really low. I'm thinking older 100 series (like 160-180) or maybe the old front mount F525 (the little 3-wheeled guy).

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
40" wide. Is it worth $100?
Definitely worth $100 in that condition. New they are $375 and you still need to buy the attaching hardware for your specific tractor.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd give $100 for it in a heart beat and buy the arms that fit my tractor separate. You can't buy a new thatcher and arm mount for less than $400 or $500 from JD. At least when I bought my new JD in December that was how much more I would have to pay for the thatcher to be added. I decided to hold off and buy it later.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bought it for $80. Looks like it will be easy to modify to fit my 455. I will have to make something to lock the lift arm.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
This thing would be easy to convert to 3-point, receiver or sleeve hitch
. Nice find.

·
The Gate Keeper
1,181 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,587 Posts
Bought it for $80. Looks like it will be easy to modify to fit my 455. I will have to make something to lock the lift arm.
Why don't you PM member here--Hydro Harold--he helped me with a lot of pictures and explanations of his (He has a GT300 series , I believe)..when I bought one a few years ago---

glenn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.