My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to come up with some architectural drawings (aka blueprints) to submit to the town as part of my application for a building permit. Does anyone know of a software program that will allow me to draw the various elevations plus the floorplan for two levels plus footing details?

This shop/storage/office is going to be set into the side of a hill so that overhead doors can be installed on the lower level. The lower level is going to be constructed using poured concrete walls that will extend down four feet below the exterior grade to protect the footings from frost damage.

The upper level will be conventionally framed using 2x6 wall studs, 16" on center sitting on a conventional wood floor using wood I joists. The roof will be scissor trusses and the truss supplier will provide drawings that are stamped by an engineeer.

If anyone has come across a software program that can provide all the details one normally finds in house design blueprints, I'd be glad to know of it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Google Sketch Up is a pretty nice program.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I've always used Visio.
I looked at the link above for Chief Architect, and WOW, that is an amazing program. Unfortunately it is aimed at professional builders and is priced higher than most DIY'ers can afford.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts