My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m looking for a used, older small type tractor. I`m trying to learn about the different models of all makes to use and /or restore. I like the look of the Ford 1100 -1900? series. They look like real tractors to me just small. I curious about the design...is it a Ford design built by Shibura...or just a name plate and how does it compare to the other Japanese tractors. I would prefer a truly American design and build but.... I`m a ford guy in autos so that probably has something to do with it. I`ve done some research and have have found some history but would be interested in the history and details of the different small Ford equipment up to but below the 600 and 2000 size equipment.
Any info will be appreciated !

·
Registered
881 Posts
When you start asking for opinions there is no telling what you will get?
I own a 1980 Ford 1500, it's 20 hp diesel and I think 17hp at the Pto.
The Rears are 9.5 X24 and the fronts are 12". I am absolutely delighted with this tractor, it is perfect for the 9 acres I have to maintain.
As I understand it, it is a Rebranded Shibara Tractor. And I'm sure you find the same true in any other brand you check out(maybe a different maker, but an American brand on a Japanese tractor). The John Deere, Yanmar Marriage is one of the mst commonly recognized.
That's not a bad thing in my opinion, the Japanese have been perfecting these little tractors for small farms since the end of WWII.
The owners manual that came with my tractor runs from 1100-1900 so they are all pretty much the same with obvious HP and Size progression.
The Next Generation of the same tractors were the 1110-1910 and was followed by the 1120-1920 series. I'm sure there were updated between generations.
I have put about 80 hrs on my 1500 since I got it in September and if another Ford came up and I had the money I would not even hesitate. Pricing can vary, but I paid $3200 for the tractor with 551 hrs, 60"mower,KK 3 point rear scoop,and a 60" rear blade.
Since Ford sold the Tractor line to New Holland, parts should be as near as your nearest New Holland Dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts