My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Just purchased my first tractor today. A 2010 Mahindra 4525. It has a 2.732 liter (167 cubic inch) 4 cylinder diesel engine (46hp and 36hp at the live PTO) (Tier IV compliant). The engine had 1.2 hours on the clock @ delivery. It comes with a 5 year powertrain warranty and weighs in at ~ 4,425 pounds. I added a canopy and also bought a 6' shredder/coarse mower. Total cost is $ 11,900. Pics shot with a Sony DSC-H50.
mm1 (Custom).JPG

mm11 (Custom).JPG

mm12 (Custom).JPG

mm13 (Custom).JPG

mm2 (Custom).JPG

mm21 (Custom).JPG

mm22 (Custom).JPG

mm23 (Custom).JPG

mm14 (Custom).JPG

mm15 (Custom).JPG

mm16 (Custom).JPG
Mowin' Man :trink39:

·
Registered
384 Posts
You made a fine decision, and that was an excellent price. That model is usual
ly around $14K.

Our E350di (predessosor to the 3325 and is about two steps down from yours) with a 6' bushog costed about the same price back in 2004 (prior to the economic downturn). It's been a real work horse for us, and hasn't given us any issues.

I am surprised that they didn't give you a Mahindra seat cover, and I would call them up for one. The picture on the manual shows that seat cover.

Enjoy your new Mahindra :trink39:

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jlinskey,

I'll have to ask my dealer about the seat cover - appreciate the input!

·
Just passing through
8,422 Posts
Congrats on your purchase...now start saving for the FEL...because SOONER than later you'll discover the need for it...:D

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Paul,

I do not foresee needing one, but......................

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ken! Appreciate your input on the other thread!

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a little "seat time" today in this fantastic Fall weather:

DSC06249.jpg DSC06253.jpg

·
10,839 Posts
How's it working out for you? How many hours have ya racked up? Likes and dislikes?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Sweet looking machine, and great pics!! Congrats on the new tractor!

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How's it working out for you? How many hours have ya racked up? Likes and dislikes?
I am really liking the 4525 so far. I have about 23 hours on the clock. This is my first tractor so I am at a disadvantage to compare to others but, I don't really have any dislikes. The diesel is frugal and the torque is great!

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Even my cat Snowball enjoys a little seat time!
13.jpg

·
1981 Ford 1100 4WD
880 Posts
what do you think your ground speed was like when rough cutting? At 6hp per foot of mower, it should have moved pretty smartly.

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what do you think your ground speed was like when rough cutting? At 6hp per foot of mower, it should have moved pretty smartly.
At that RPM in 3rd Low I would guess around 2.3 mph!

·
Registered
753 Posts
in that thin grass it would handle it much faster, but then it would cut down on the fun of playing with the new tractor,

the fred cain cutter is from danville ky and they make a great liitle machine, i have its grandfather the same mower except mine is old enough to have the shear bolts and not the slip clutch, i have used it to help cut 100 acres with both fall and summer for years and it still works great

i have made my mind up, that if i buy another new 50hp or less tractor that it will be a new mahindra, they are all made somewhere over seas and have been for years and i like the 25 series, i came close to buying the 3525 a couple of years back at a price of $8500, but decided i could not justify the expenditure, and ever since i have given a great deal of consideration to selling my 1999 john deere 5210 with 700 hours and buying a comparable mahindra and pocketing the difference, i can tell you that without a doubt i like driving the little hindu farmall, a lot better than i do the john deere, not to mention i like the sheetmedal hood better than the fiberglass ones

ps did i mention that they build tractors under contract for john deere,
check out the 03 series,
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/5/6/1565-john-deere-5203.html

congrats

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks ky wonder & scm!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice tractor. I myself just took delivery of a new 4025. Struggled with the four wheel drive issue but in the end decided it wasn't really necessary for my place and quite costly.
The 3 prices I got ranged from 15.7 down to 14. Needless to say I drove a few miles for the 14k unit. I'm curious as to how much the canopy was. Do you have a breakout on the invoice? I also didn't get a seatcover.

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice tractor. I myself just took delivery of a new 4025. Struggled with the four wheel drive issue but in the end decided it wasn't really necessary for my place and quite costly.
The 3 prices I got ranged from 15.7 down to 14. Needless to say I drove a few miles for the 14k unit. I'm curious as to how much the canopy was. Do you have a breakout on the invoice? I also didn't get a seatcover.
Congrats on your new 4025 Mahindra One! The canopy was $ 350.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts