My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up with the odd size of this tire brand? I've noticed a lot of people buying them then being discouraged because they are smaller than expected.

I noticed a few guys got them then have them for sale online a few days later.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Deestones may be a bit smaller but work good and because they are smaller can be sold cheaper. If big tire looks is what you are after use another brand but if you want a reasonably priced long lasting tire Deestones work fine. Roger

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have Deestones on my 420 (V71's on the front), very happy with them. For me, the bigger size would just be for looks, I have little traction problems with the Deestones & like the closer lug design. ~~ grnspot

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have Deestones on my 420 (V71's on the front), very happy with them. For me, the bigger size would just be for looks, I have little traction problems with the Deestones & like the closer lug design. ~~ grnspot
They look to be the perfect size on the 420 and I like the tread design it lacks that slight hook of the Tru power brand.
I saw several ads this morning in the for sale section of another site, both had Deestones and did not like the size.

Thanks.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,161 Posts
Deestones may be a bit smaller but work good and because they are smaller can be sold cheaper. If big tire looks is what you are after use another brand but if you want a reasonably priced long lasting tire Deestones work fine. Roger
:ditto: It depends why you are buying them. If you want the big look & usefullness - spend the big dollars. If you want good looks & usefullness - Deestones work great. I personally like the looks of the Deestone tires because proportional they look more like BIG tractors. (excluding wheatland versions)

Personal opionion only.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I mounted a set of Deestones this summer for the overwhelming snow we were expecting. I wasn't about looks but function and price and am satisfied with the way they work on my 318.

My wife blames me for the lack of snow - I spent money a 49 Blower, a Cab and the tires in preparation for the snow and we have none. I tell her my plan worked good as a snow prevention tool and I need to consider further upgrades for next year.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I have the Carlisles and the Deestones and do not see much difference in the way they look but there is a definite difference in size. The chains are on the True Powers. Both dig really deep ruts when you spin 'em on grass, gravel, soft dirt, ................ and PDQ when you do spin 'em (o:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.