My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I purchased this kit just 3 weeks ago! And the dealer said it came straight from Deere
Ok well that's what I saw on another thread about the one you ordered. Might not be then? I see other people on other forums trying to help you about this suggested as I did, that you may have got the wrong one. I don't know but when look up a stripping kit for your unit with your deck, I see what I posted earlier. Idk then. Good luck
This was my original thought too! That it's the wrong kit for my deck but the dealer is insisting it's the correct one for my deck and saying if it doesn't fit tough luck and there's no refund

·
Registered
90 Posts
So did you get it to work?
Not yet.
Instead of me spending more precious time taking it apart to have the same end result I asked the dealer to call his JD Rep to be certain that this is in fact the correct striping kit for my deck and sent him the photos

1 week, 3 calls, and 2 emails and a voicemail later he still hasn't answered me

·
Formerly X330
268 Posts
Not yet.
Instead of me spending more precious time taking it apart to have the same end result I asked the dealer to call his JD Rep to be certain that this is in fact the correct striping kit for my deck and sent him the photos

1 week, 3 calls, and 2 emails and a voicemail later he still hasn't answered me
It looks like they got you the wrong one, judging by the description listed.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think they've also ordered the incorrect one!

They are blaming everyone but themselves and said because it's a special order they'll not accept a return, then they said 50%

Now not even replying to calls or emails

·
Registered
90 Posts
So I called John Deere

The woman was like 'so what do you want me to do siiigh'

After a 30 minute wait she said 'that's not for your lawn tractor and I couldn't even find that code of a part'

She didn't sound convincing and I asked her to call the dealer and she was like 'I'll put in a request that they call the dealer but I can't guarantee that they will call the dealer'

Useless!

So I went back again using the photos someone posted and the part is just not for my deck! The steel bar would only lay flat and not out from the deck so it will never be possible to raise and lower it and that would be the best scenario with some mods!

If you look at my pic it doesn't line up correctly
And ps I didn't give up there I tried 100 different ways and it still ain't happening

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
I dont know if any of you have one of these or not but I love mine. Sorry I dont have any pics of the grass but trust me it does a great job
If you look at this example that is a 62" Edge EXTRA
My deck is a 54" Edge HC deck NOT an extra!

And NOT a 60" deck like the other example.

No matter what way I set it up it won't sit out from the lip of the rear of the deck! Only other option is to place it under the lip and I don't even know if that will work as the drive over deck function won't work without an uninstall of the roller first

·
Registered
64 Posts
My guess is the 54HC is configured just a little different than the 60HC is. I remember mine came with a whole bag of extra parts for different decks. Apparently none of the part configurations will make it fit? It looks like the roller wheel support arms are shorter on the 54 than the 60. Is it possible to swap those spindles so they face outward farther and make some combo of parts connect to them? Seems like that's the only way to get the roller back behind the deck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My guess is the 54HC is configured just a little different than the 60HC is. I remember mine came with a whole bag of extra parts for different decks. Apparently none of the part configurations will make it fit? It looks like the roller wheel support arms are shorter on the 54 than the 60. Is it possible to swap those spindles so they face outward farther and make some combo of parts connect to them? Seems like that's the only way to get the roller back behind the deck.
Thanks for the reply. So I tried different orientations to push it further back but it won't work, the furthest back is right against the rear lip of the deck but then it won't move up/down it will be stuck above the deck

This is the only orientation that fits, under the rear lip in places but just clear of the blades by 1/3rd inch

I tried it for a second on the lawn but the lawn was still a bit soft from recent rain and when you do u-turns to cut the grass at each end it digs into the lawn

·
Registered
90 Posts
So, just to leave a note for others searching on this roller stripe kit

I got a call finally from someone at JD headquarters who confirmed that this is NOT the correct stripe kit for my 54"HC deck despite the dealership STILL maintaining with arrogance that it is.

Despite John Deere weighing in on the email to the dealer and cc-ing me the dealership said they still want me to pay the freight fee and restock fee (another 25%) despite the fact that they screwed up

Ever hear of such retarded logic?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
So, just to leave a note for others searching on this roller stripe kit

I got a call finally from someone at JD headquarters who confirmed that this is NOT the correct stripe kit for my 54"HC deck despite the dealership STILL maintaining with arrogance that it is.

Despite John Deere weighing in on the email to the dealer and cc-ing me the dealership said they still want me to pay the freight fee and restock fee (another 25%) despite the fact that they screwed up

Ever hear of such retarded logic?
Doesn't surprise me in the least bit. Some dealers are fantastic while others don't have a leg to stand on. I would continue to press jd on this until they give in and do the right thing. Also file a report on BBB. I would also go to the dealers Facebook page if they have one and let it be known to others your recent experience.

Bunch of joker's!!!

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,112 Posts
The dealer you have is something else. He must of gone to He and his company screw up, but he is not willing to do the right thing. He wants others to pay for his mistakes. Nice business model he is emulating. ( Plug your sarcasm in here ) :tango_face_devil:

Report this behavior to John Deere by this dealership.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The dealer you have is something else. He must of gone to University. He and his company screw up, but he is not willing to do the right thing. He wants others to pay for his mistakes. Nice business model he is emulating. ( Plug your sarcasm in here )

Report this behavior to John Deere by this dealership.
Thanks for the support folks!

I did report it to JD and they said they can't interfere with the dealership. I told them this isn't acceptable after spending $30k on a lawn mower it's not about money it's about principal! Probably $80 loss what they are offering but I won't accept that and the complete arrogance and ring around they put me on

They just need to own up, we all screw up, and put it right

But JD are like 'your on your own good luck'

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,112 Posts
Then you could always take him to smalls claims court, besides $$$, ask that they place big apology add in papers in their service area as part of any settlement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have that striping kit on my 60HC deck. Take a look at the attached pictures. You have to reverse the scalp wheel spindles, swap to the other side which changes the angle of them to make it work, then it fits perfect.

BTW I love this kit. It does a great job. The only drawback is you'll want to be careful when mowing since the roller is down tighter to the ground than the usual gage wheels. If you catch it on concrete or other obstruction, it'll bend the spindles.
It looks as though farmerkyle has the same 60" HC deck that I have on my 2015 x734 all wheel steer tractor. Do you think the BM23648 striper kit will fit on my x734? I would like to be as sure as possible before ordering, especially since Eire had so many issues with JD on a return to a dealer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It looks as though farmerkyle has the same 60" HC deck that I have on my 2015 x734 all wheel steer tractor. Do you think the BM23648 striper kit will fit on my x734? I would like to be as sure as possible before ordering, especially since Eire had so many issues with JD on a return to a dealer.
I can sell you my one, I’ve since removed it. These aren’t cheap so if you confirm on your end that it’ll fit I can give you a good/fair deal on it if you want.

it does NOT fit 54HC Edge

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can sell you my one, I’ve since removed it. These aren’t cheap so if you confirm on your end that it’ll fit I can give you a good/fair deal on it if you want.

it does NOT fit 54HC Edge
I'm not sure how I am going to confirm that I'll fit my deck other than what others are saying. The instructions do not specifically say that it'll for a 60" HC edge deck.

·
Super Moderator
15,247 Posts
The roller stripping Kit was only for used on the Previous X700 Ultimate series decks & 60Inch 7 Iron
Its fit on the following models

21 - 40 of 40 Posts