My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Nothing Runs Like A Deere
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if any of you have one of these or not but I love mine. Sorry I dont have any pics of the grass but trust me it does a great job :fing32:

Attachments

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
You didn't happen to buy that on ebay for a buck and a quarter did you? There was one on there I was ----><---- this close to snagging, but the dill hole seller was OBVIOUSLY too busy to answer my question of "does it fit a 2010?" because the way they had the listing worded, I wasn't sure....

Now all the one's on ebay are $250+ :(

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didnt get it off ebay. I dont even remember what it cost from the dealer. It was part of the package deal earlier this year when I went in and bought the x720, 62C, 54 front blade and 4720 Cab tractor with attachments.

I have had this kit since mower was new but just thought about posting pics.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just curious how difficult it is to take the mower deck off? Or do you still have the old rear deck wheels for an easy swap?

·
6,553 Posts
On concrete it shouldn't be too bad those wheels will just slide. On anything else I'd imaging swapping back to the regular wheels would be a must.

That is on my list of "to buy" but it's not real high on the list.

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have any suggestions on installing and using the 54" front blade? I had one on my 2520 but never really did much snow plowing with this small of a tractor...:hide::Tractor2:

·
6,553 Posts
You install it.. Click click, hook up four couplers and get to it... Not much instruction required :)

If you have not yet installed the quick hitch for the first time, you will need to install the lockout valve on the back of the SCV. That's the hardest part of the install. You need to either remove the SCV from the frame, or partially disassemble the lockout valve because it won't clear the frame rail to thread it on. Other than that it's easy peasy.

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. I asked you a question, that you answered, over on that, you know, other tractor site:hide:. Go by a diff name over there (JSR LLS).:fing32:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi, I just got one of these roller kits, BM23648, and it was a nightmare of a job and 4 hours later it still wouldn't fit.
The dealer took my serial number and ordered it. But the instructions for the 54"HC deck don't match my deck despite it being for my deck apparently!
My scalp wheels are different than yours in this pic, and it's a 2016 x758, with54" Edge HC deck.

Eventually I had to remove it as it wouldn't totally fit and put my deck back on. I was so annoyed!

I called Deere and they are like 'we don't know anything call your dealer' and my dealer is like 'we've never installed one of these we don't know anything about it and we won't refund you the money as it was a special order'

That's where I am!

I was wondering if I order those scalp wheel holders you have if that'll work!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Hi, I just got one of these roller kits, BM23648, and it was a nightmare of a job and 4 hours later it still wouldn't fit.
The dealer took my serial number and ordered it. But the instructions for the 54"HC deck don't match my deck despite it being for my deck apparently!
My scalp wheels are different than yours in this pic, and it's a 2016 x758, with54" Edge HC deck.

Eventually I had to remove it as it wouldn't totally fit and put my deck back on. I was so annoyed!

I called Deere and they are like 'we don't know anything call your dealer' and my dealer is like 'we've never installed one of these we don't know anything about it and we won't refund you the money as it was a special order'

That's where I am!

I was wondering if I order those scalp wheel holders you have if that'll work!!!
http://www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-54-60-HC-Grass-Groomer-LP46468.html

·
Registered
64 Posts

That's where I am!

I have that striping kit on my 60HC deck. Take a look at the attached pictures. You have to reverse the scalp wheel spindles, swap to the other side which changes the angle of them to make it work, then it fits perfect.

BTW I love this kit. It does a great job. The only drawback is you'll want to be careful when mowing since the roller is down tighter to the ground than the usual gage wheels. If you catch it on concrete or other obstruction, it'll bend the spindles.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
so John Deere has a striping kit like simplicity? I did not know this. Very nice.
Pretty sure that BM23648 has been discontinued. They came out with that years ago. For the most part they have went to the brush style. I think the ztr and stand on models can still get the roller design but not sure 100%.

·
Registered
90 Posts

That's where I am!

I have that striping kit on my 60HC deck. Take a look at the attached pictures. You have to reverse the scalp wheel spindles, swap to the other side which changes the angle of them to make it work, then it fits perfect.

BTW I love this kit. It does a great job. The only drawback is you'll want to be careful when mowing since the roller is down tighter to the ground than the usual gage wheels. If you catch it on concrete or other obstruction, it'll bend the spindles.
Thank you so much for this suggestion!

This may do it! The instructions does not say to do that, and I a different for a 54" and a 60" but I am willing to see if the instructions are just BS as the photos and diagrams are just completely off

I did try reversing the rear wheel assemblies, but I did not swap out the rear left with the rear right

And btw your lawn looks amazing and to be fair that's a beautiful result your getting

·
Registered
90 Posts
so John Deere has a striping kit like simplicity? I did not know this. Very nice.
Pretty sure that BM23648 has been discontinued. They came out with that years ago. For the most part they have went to the brush style. I think the ztr and stand on models can still get the roller design but not sure 100%.
I purchased this kit just 3 weeks ago! And the dealer said it came straight from Deere

·
Old geezer in training
222 Posts
Just curious..........
What is a stripping kit?

But then again..........I don't have a lawn like FarmerKyle

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I purchased this kit just 3 weeks ago! And the dealer said it came straight from Deere
Ok well that's what I saw on another thread about the one you ordered. Might not be then? I see other people on other forums trying to help you about this suggested as I did, that you may have got the wrong one. I don't know but when look up a stripping kit for your unit with your deck, I see what I posted earlier. Idk then. Good luck

1 - 20 of 40 Posts