My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Certified Technician
8,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my 316 Nears completion, I look at all thats been done, the paint, the new hardware, decals, meticulous cleaning, new parts, blood sweat and tears...and the fact it looks pristine...except the seat is missing...

So I sit here, and i know TSC has a Yellow seat for like 109.00, and a yellow high-back 2 pc seat for 89.00...but they dont look "right" and if Im going to spend 89.00 for a seat id want it to be metal and look right.

Green parts has a nice one, would be abour 105 shipped...thats about the cheapest ive seen.

Anyone find a JD correct seat for less money anywhere?

·
Professional amateur!
1,003 Posts
not yet. they seem to be worth there weight in gold. :(

i bought a cheap $40 yellow seat for the 112 and theres almost no room between the seat and steering wheel. if i set it any father back, i won't be able to reach the pedals.

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
Funny... I too am looking for options for seats as well. Went to Huron Tractor they can get me #1 a new seat for the 322 model, #2 a new seat coson that I would install myself on the original seat base, or a off brand seat. Prices range from about $60 to $160.
I found one on the canadian version of CL and made an offer. should be picking it up tomorrow. :D

·
10,839 Posts
i bought a cheap $40 yellow seat for the 112 and theres almost no room between the seat and steering wheel. if i set it any father back, i won't be able to reach the pedals.
I bought a seat for my 212 (not quite that cheap, though) and am having the same problem. I'm still flipping the brackets around to try and find the best position, before drilling new holes. The new seat base is a lot thicker than the old one. More comfy though.

·
Make Better Mowers
2,075 Posts
Boy, this must be seat replacing time! I just finished recovering the seat on my LX178 a couple days ago. Again, I did what I had done on my CC2146 several years ago. I purchased a full goat hide (tanned) for about $60. Here is the result.

Leather breathes and seems to work best for me. The vinyl covers always seem to get poked with tree limbs on our property. Also, they get so brittle with age.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts