My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thank you for posting. I enjoyed reading through them. Is it possible to miss the 60s even though you were born in the 70s? Looked like a great time in American history.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yes, thanks! Neat to see those brochures.

I had no idea the hydro transmissions have been around as long as they have. It sure puts all these threads we've had about "they don't build them like they used to" into perspective. Yes, they do build them like they used to in many respects, but you have to compare apples to apples. Now I understand why there's so much 100-series "box store" bashing around here. The tractors from the old days that have lasted long enough to be worth putting time and money into right now are equivalent to X700's in today's lineup, not the entry level for just mowing small, level lots.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,693 Posts
Very cool - thanks. Don't see those 400s around here but they look like nice workhorse machines.
They are nice machines! I almost bought one with a backhoe and loader but I acted around and missed out on it. But they also have a lot of quirks and attachments are really hard to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.