My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happen to notice a Deere model 88 rider sittin next to an old outbuilding in overgrown weeds and I was just curious if it may be a sought after item or really worth the time and money to restore . It looks similar to the 68 model rider . But I haven't found much info on this model 88 . Can anyone shed some light on this particular rider mower , like what years they built them? I did see it had a briggs engine in it . Would this be an original engine ? Next time I get that way I'm going to get the numbers off of it and try some more research on it . But I thought in the meantime I'd check here first . There is a whole lot of knowledge here I know so hopefully someone can have some info . It looks to be in pretty fair condition . I don't know if it runs or not but I don't think that would be much of a problem . I'm hoping to hear some good news here .
Frank

·
Registered
21 Posts
Frank... I'm no expert, but was curious about this model since I had never heard of it before. I tried to look up replacement parts on John Deere's parts website with no results for this model. As much as I hate to see a John Deere sent to pasture, I'm afraid that this might just be the case on this rider. My personal opinion on something like this is I would stay away from it if it needed some major parts replaced. But, if it looks to be in pretty good shape, and just needs to be cleaned up and serviced to get running again, it could be a fun project. I really don't know how popular these riders are or where. Again, I've never heard of this model, but maybe someone else on here has and will comment for you.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has the numbers 88 on the side in the same place the 68 models have their 68 numbers so I'm assuming it is a model 88 ? I'll get a pic the next time I'm out there and post it . If it were worth fixin it up to sell I would do that . I would hate to see a deere go to pasture too .

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
I've never heard of a model 88 neither, could be a rare bird indeed. If it is, I would want it just based on that fact alone!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've never heard of a model 88 neither, could be a rare bird indeed. If it is, I would want it just based on that fact alone!
I agree. And if it's similar to the 68 model, perhaps parts might match up if parts are needed. This really has me curious. FnT96 might have found a needle in a hay stack here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts