My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what happens when I have too much spare time. I have a good Kohler M12 that I removed from my Cub 1210 after I repowered it with a 16HP Vangaurd. I was trying to sell the Kohler and finally gave up on that idea. So what can I do with the engine? Well I wanted something to run around the yard with and cart stuff with, I was looking at used golf carts and got to thinking why not build something like this?

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=70881&highlight=stretched+frame

Found a JD317 roller and we have a project! Looks like it should be a pretty simple build, The JD has the ported pump and hydraulic valve already in place. Fab up some motor mounts, stretch the frame, drive shaft, and linkage. Build the dump bed and mount a seat. I’m using the drive shaft out of a Cub 2160 that was the donor for the 1210 repower along with a center bearing and a shaft I’ll build with Spicer 1000 series U-Joints. I’ll keep you posted as the build progress’s

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
33,696 Posts
Looks like you have some serious plans for the area behind the steering where you stretched the frame! Should be an interesting build!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update time

Made some progress on the Deere Cadet dump. Got the engine mounted, the drive shaft is done and the dump body is mounted. Took it for a test ride and everything works so far. Still need to get a couple hydraulic cylinders and get them mounted and plumbed, a gas tank and a seat. Then when I get time I’ll pull it apart and paint it. Thought I was going to have to fab a hood but the JD hood mounts worked out fine just bolted them to the top of the Cub muffler ductwork.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
I will trade you a couple of cylinders for that 12hp engine!!

Sorry I couldn't resist!!:sorry1:

I promise, a better joke next time!!

Looks great so far!!

With that long of a frame, does it need a belly blade so it will be a road grader also?

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
just a suggestion but those agrifab wagons arent the greatest and if its a bugdet issue id build an all wood one if not id up the guage of steel add some reinforcement and go to town on it lol

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Lookin' good!!! :fing32: :fing32: :fing32:

How much did you add to the frame?

I found another frame & used it on my 317 "Special", added about 30". One problem I found is that they steer a little harder when stretched! ~~ grnspot

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bigdodge
I got the U-Joints from Fleet Pride Spicer 1000 series

Nathan Werneburg
The wagon was free so I figure I'll just beef it up and line it with some UHMW poly

grnspot110
I stretched it 30" and the body is behind the rear axel so it shouldn't be adding any weight to the front also the M12 weighs less than the K17 it came with.

·
Sears Fan
1,281 Posts
That bed looks like it is sitting a little too high. Maybe move the pivot rearward, and lower it some? It would look a little better IMO. Very nice job so far, can't wait to see the finished product!

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Very cool, keep posting pictures. Should be neat when done. Now you got me thinking.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dmorrill22

Since the pics were taken I did move it back about 5” but kept the pivot point the same. Two reasons, first it makes it easier to mount the lift cylinders and second I’m trying to keep it simple. Maybe at some point in the future I’ll build a nicer body for it but I don’t think at this point that it will see enough use to justify the expense. It’s mainly for running around the yard and once in a while moving some dirt or hauling some yard tools. My BX does the hard work.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks nice! Are you going to use any type of rear seat/fender pan?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yamaguy

I'm going to put a bench seat on it and fab up some floor boards.

Nice looking Cubs by the way.

This is my 1640 Yard Harley, used to be a 1210, now it has a 1440 drive train, front axle and a 16HP Briggs out of a 2160 in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Deere Cadet Dump update #3

Latest on the Deere Cadet Dump. I got the 2” X 12” hydraulic cylinders from Northern Tool mounted and plumbed. Hoses came from the local NAPA in Galax VA, great guys to work with. They let me take the hose and fittings before they crimped them. I cut the hose with my chop saw then got everything lined up just the way I wanted and marked alignment wise. Then I took the assemblies back to them and had them crimp the ends on. Brought the hoses back and flushed them out before installing. Nice when every thing fits. Fired it up and it works like a dream. Nice fast cycle time and no leaks. Now I’m just waiting for the seat. Once I get that I’ll fab up some seat mounts and floor boards. I’m hoping that I can build the rear seat mount so that it will also double as a rest for the front of dump body. After that’s done I need to come up with something for a gas tank. I’d like to find something that holds 1 – 2 Gals. Trying to keep it small just because it won’t get a lot of use and I don’t want the crapahol they call gas going bad.

Attachments

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Looking good. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Lookin' good! :fing32:

I found some used aluminum running boards for my foot rests. ~~ grnspot

·
Working to a 1K post
1,062 Posts
That's SWEEEET :thThumbsU :thThumbsU :thThumbsU

Rob has been pondering the idea to do this to his GT18, so that I can have
something to haul mulch and stuff with, I can use it and one of the trailers,
bigger load/fewer trips as he says.....

Could one of the hydraulics be enough??? I like the looks of both but am
just wondering if one would be sufficient???

Are you going to build a cab for it as well???

Merrie​

Merrie​

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rob has been pondering the idea to do this to his GT18, so that I can have
something to haul mulch and stuff with, I can use it and one of the trailers,
bigger load/fewer trips as he says.....

Could one of the hydraulics be enough??? I like the looks of both but am
just wondering if one would be sufficient???

Are you going to build a cab for it as well???

Merrie

I don't know what a GT18 has in the way of hydraulics, the Deere has a ported pump with a 2 spool valve. I have one spool plugged off and the other handles the power raise and power lower.

No cab. This is only to run around the yard and move some dirt once in a while.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts