My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Cleaned up the foot pan (whatever the right name is. Eventually I'd still like to strip it and repaint it, but I'm at the point in my life where I just want it back together and out of my way.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Looking at the PTO solenoid instructions, it's stupid. It says the large land needs to face away from the PTO cover, and that the small end goes in the cover first. Then in the illustration, they show the large end facing the PTO cover.

·
Super Moderator
27,456 Posts
Looking at the PTO solenoid instructions, it's stupid. It says the large land needs to face away from the PTO cover, and that the small end goes in the cover first. Then in the illustration, they show the large end facing the PTO cover.
You can bet the guy who wrote the directions never talked to the guy doing the install! Wish I had a nickel for every time I've seen something like this.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Found good troubleshooting on the PTO solenoid. He mentions the same thing, and, in his parts layout, shows the small side facing in, so I will go that way. Ugh.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Starting to look like a tractor again, almost.
Didn't get a lot done today. Got more cleaning up of little parts done. Made a parts run to the JD store. 4 items will be here in 2 days.
Had to pull apart the PTO solenoid and get that cleaned up and transferred. Then the **** brittle plastic nut cracked, so I have to order that.

Floor pan is on.
Fuel tank and fuel lines cleaned up and on.

New transaxle cover.
New Ruegg Combo Cat 0/1 3-point hitch is mostly on.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I have some painting I need to do on the frame, specifically the battery tray area. I guess the battery rubbing around wore the paint off and caused surface rust? Not the end of the world, it's like 1/4" steel or something, but, I still want to address it. Problem is the weather has been crap all weekend, so I can't do any painting. I got the small $30 kit of POR-15, that should handle it. I'm thinking maybe some sort of dimpled rubber mat under the battery to keep it from rubbing against the metal, yet still allowing water to channel out.

The rest of the front frame I will just rough up and hit with some JD black rattle can I have.

The insides of the front wheels are garbage for some reason. I'll strip these down and hit them with a can of JD yellow as well (and repaint the rears to match). But, for now, I'll just leave them be.

The engine got a thorough cleaning today, and I hit the front area a few times with some CarPro IRON-X. Great stuff.

Sadly, it's gonna be another 3 weeks before I get much of anything done on it. Maybe two. I'll be working this coming week 30Mar-3 Apr, and staying near work. Following week I made the promise to my wife to start getting the house painted inside while I am off. Then back to work another week, then home again. Might be able to do a little bit after I'm done house painting for the day.

Anyways, at least it's progress.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts