My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am planning to get hdap tires for my 455. I am guessing I am stuck with the 2 ply field trax due to the size. I would rather have the 4 ply but oh well.
I have a few questions
1. What happens if I get a puncture? Can I still seal punctures with slime even though the tires will be filled with rim guard?
2. Will all the rim guard leak out if I have a puncture?
3. Will this be enough for plowing snow or do I need additional weight?
4. Any downside to mowing with hdap tires filled with rim guard?
Thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
1. It will leak. :sorry1: Slime wont work with other fluid in the tires. It will just dilute.
2. Only a much as you let leak out. Get the puncture higher than the fluid to plug. You will have to dump it to patch.
3. I think it should help a lot but you may need more ballast.
4. I can't think of any other than if the ground is wet you will be more likely to make tracks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello,
I am planning to get hdap tires for my 455. I am guessing I am stuck with the 2 ply field trax due to the size. I would rather have the 4 ply but oh well.
I have a few questions
1. What happens if I get a puncture? Can I still seal punctures with slime even though the tires will be filled with rim guard?
I don't imagine the two products are compatible for fairly obvious reasons.

2. Will all the rim guard leak out if I have a puncture?
Depends on the size of the puncture.

3. Will this be enough for plowing snow or do I need additional weight?
That depends on the surface you are plowing, slope, any additional weight, chains, etc. I use HDAPs front and rear on my 445 with my 47" blower, I have six suitcase weights on the back and one set of weights on the rear axle (no chains) and it works fine blowing snow on concrete with mostly mild slopes.

4. Any downside to mowing with hdap tires filled with rim guard?
Some compaction and potentially more turf damage compared to turf tires. I leave on the HDAPs with just my wheel weights when mowing with very little turf damage.

Regards,

Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts