My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
My small engine shop had a garage queen 455 sitting out front, all plastic gear upgrades had been done, new radiator and cooling system installed. Asking $4500, didn't last a week. I think I posted the phone #.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I've always wondered how legitimate low hour 425/445/455s are. With options for repaints, aftermarket plastics and buying new dash clusters, its not impossible to make a 20-30 year old machine look brand new.
I think there have been more than a few 445s and 455s pop up the last 6 months with super super low hours and listing for $7,000 - $8,000.

Reactions: UrbanTractor

·
Still plays with tractors
2,385 Posts
I was just at an auction where a 425 with around 1000 hours (and it needed some love for sure) sold for $7500. Had a 60" deck but not the correct one according to one of the guys at the auction. I really don't know. People were falling off their chairs. I couldn't believe it. I almost went home and brought my X590 over to throw into the fray.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,817 Posts
I was just at an auction where a 425 with around 1000 hours (and it needed some love for sure) sold for $7500. Had a 60" deck but not the correct one according to one of the guys at the auction. I really don't know. People were falling off their chairs. I couldn't believe it. I almost went home and brought my X590 over to throw into the fray.
That is nuts. You can buy a nice low-hour X748 for that price, with 4WD and diesel engine.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
My small engine shop had a garage queen 455 sitting out front, all plastic gear upgrades had been done, new radiator and cooling system installed. Asking $4500, didn't last a week. I think I posted the phone #.
455 has plastic gear upgrades? Am I missing something for my 455s?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts