My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deere 445 garden tractor starts and runs smoothly. However, it will not cut off.

Any thoughts on trouble shooting are appreciated.
Thoughts on most likely suspects ?? Relay sticking ?? I see several Bosch relays, but not aware of their purpose.
None of the wires are showing any visible damage (as in rodents chewing).
Fuses that I can see are ok ( a bad fuse would keep it from starting - right ? :) )

I was going to pull the switch to check it, but do not see how it mounts to the bulkhead.
I cannot get my hand in on the backside to 'feel' how it mounts.

This is a 1995/1996 model - I think it is second generation.

Thank you for your consideration of this.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
How well does it run when it is supposed to be off?
How do you stop it?

There are several things that could be causing the problem, time delay module (if it has one), fuel cutoff solenoid come to mind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It runs great the entire time. I cut it off by removing the battery cable on the positive side.

What function is the time delay module associated with?
I noticed the under seat safety cut-off has no effect, but I suppose that is because the mower deck is not engaged.

Thank you for responding. I would like to hear more.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
This is a strange one. Are you sure someone hasn't tampered with the safeties?

I would see about getting a service manual for it. Deere is very proud of them and charges accordingly. But, a schematic will help show what could be causing the issue. There is a control board that all the sensors go into and it determines what is the right thing to do.

Also, is this a new problem?
Is the tractor new to you?
If it occurred suddenly, that points to a component or wiring failure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts