My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 300 on ebay. Right now it is at 299.00. I am going to go take a look at this if I can, it is 40 miles from my house. What is the value do you think? Any tips on what to look for when I get there. Also if it needs repowered or rebuilt what am I looking at for cost?

Thanks

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Rebuild canbe a couple hundred to a thousand. A repower is about $1700.

It's worth about $700-$1,000.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
A 300 should have two hydraulic circuits or four ports on the front and it also came with a K341 16 hp. It's a good looking tractor but you'd be getting kind of screwed with a 14 hp and single hydraulics. If it goes cheap though the hydraulics can be added but the K341 is a way better engine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The motor is a K341. He just thinks its a 14hp. As far as the ports I see only 2 handles on the left side, as long as it can run a blade. I would like a tiller though...talking like I have it in my garage. These things are addictive.

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
2 handles is 2 ports. They are a good tractor that gets confused people thinking it is a step down from a 314 or first style 316 because of the model #.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
That's good it's the K341 but it should have four ports in front. One lever would run one side and the other lever should operate the other side and the deck lift cylinder. It's way easier to add the hydraulics than find a K341 and you can run them to the rear for a three point while your at it. The 300 is a great machine. Good luck on it.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts