My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, somehow I cannot put together the logic here. Drove the tractor, it **** off via the seat switch when I stopped, tried to restart but nothing, lights dim when I turn the key just as if you are in gear / have PTO engaged / not in seat.
put a remote starter cable on to eliminate that it is the safety switches. Nothing.
Exchanged the starter assembly. Nothing.
Put a remote starter on again, still nothing.
Put a jump start pack on. Nothing.
Put the jump starter straight on the starter. Now it turns over but doesn’t start. Yes the ignition was switched on, and the battery by itself read 12.4v.
Anyone have a smart idea for me?

thank you
Florian

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Welcome to MTF.
The 2210 is a SCUT. You will probably get better answers there. One of the moderators will probably move this there shortly.

It sounds like one of the safeties is not working correctly, or you really do have the PTO engaged or are in gear. I had this problem on my B2620. It took me along time to figure out that the neutral switch had shifted position and was no longer indicating the tractor was in neutral when it really was. It worked fine, until I got off the tractor, and then it wouldn't start.

So, my guess is that your tractor thinks it is in gear and/or the PTO is on and it won't start that way. Triple check all the switches are working as they should and you will find one that is not, probably.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes you must be right. I realized even with the remote starter switch running the starter the engine would not get fuel if the safeties are not working. It’s not the seat switch because I jumpered that one. Does anyone know where the gear / PTO one is located? I guess I can take the seat off and search- the gear one must be mechanical and close to the gear selector?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ok, somehow I cannot put together the logic here. Drove the tractor, it **** off via the seat switch when I stopped, tried to restart but nothing, lights dim when I turn the key just as if you are in gear / have PTO engaged / not in seat.
put a remote starter cable on to eliminate that it is the safety switches. Nothing.
Exchanged the starter assembly. Nothing.
Put a remote starter on again, still nothing.
Put a jump start pack on. Nothing.
Put the jump starter straight on the starter. Now it turns over but doesn’t start. Yes the ignition was switched on, and the battery by itself read 12.4v.
Anyone have a smart idea for me?

thank you
Florian

Here is a part number and picture of the neutral safety switch on your tractor it is located on the front of the transmission.

stratocast56

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great, will go find it on the tractor today. Is it a simple closed / open switch, and does closing the circuit allow the tractor to run? I wonder if I can bridge it until i get a replacement.
Does anyone know where the PTO safety switch is?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Probably the PTO switch itself. They usually have many terminals. A set for the PTO and a set for the safety. This is where the service manual which has a wiring diagram comes in. Maybe it will be obvious looking at it what is wrong. If not, you might have to break down and buy the manual.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
@stratocast56 that is the neutral switch.

Also, it helps if you put your additions outside of the quoted material. It makes it much easier to see.

The PTO safety is generally also the PTO switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted to follow up with you all since it got solved…. I did all of the above to no luck. Gave up and called the dealer to come out.
It’s always the simplest things. The positive battery cable was bad. Still good enough to get current and voltage everywhere, but broken enough to not get amperage through.
having another problem now but making this a new thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts