My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I cleaned and greased the 48" deck on my x350 and also installed a mulching kit on it. Brand new mulching blades and everything torqued to spec. Once I got the deck back on I wanted to test it out a little bit but when I engaged the deck it felt like it was going to shake itself apart. I didn't have time to look hard at it yet but before this I had no issues. Any ideas? Bent or out of balance blade from the factory?

·
Father Deerest
2,924 Posts
Experienced this once before. Turned out that one of the blades was not seated properly,
so I'd suggest you check the blades.
Old Hobo has it exactly. Same thing happened to a neighbor that replaced his blades, he drove it over when I took off the deck it was hard to make out at first but spinning the blades the culprit showed the tip was way off. The shoulder the blade seats on is only a few 16ths of an inch when you get the cup on, place the blade, and then the washer; that is when it has a time to slip off.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is exactly what it was thank you! The newly installed mulch control handle is making some noise too but I don't think there's much I can do about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.