my rm44'' deck using my shaft with new bearings need somthing fast
thanks jim

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
does any one know if i can use the bearing housing from a 38'' deck on
thanks jim
Yes, The units are inter changable. Some may be steel and others aluminum, but can still be interchanged. The bearings are the same, as are the shafts in everyone I have had apart. With the exception of the center being longer and two pulleys.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks rt hope that will get me going my shaft has the single bolt holding
the blade on its hard to get parts here in ontario thanks againe

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
thanks rt hope that will get me going my shaft has the single bolt holding
the blade on its hard to get parts here in ontario thanks againe
Happy to be of help!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
does any one know if i can use the bearing housing from a 38'' deck on
thanks jim
A visit to CGT with a case of beer might solve your problem quicker than anything else.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Read the other thread, Bartman. There may be more to this than a case of suds can solve. :ROF
Well, I did read the other thread and, as Rol said, I'd imagine the bearing housings are the same for left and right hand decks though I haven't had cause to look that closely. Now if you want to take advantage of your fellow canuck by demanding a bottle of single malt instead of a case of suds that's a different problem. :ROF I figured you would be able to use a little help with that new Ingy.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Well, I did read the other thread and, as Rol said, I'd imagine the bearing housings are the same for left and right hand decks though I haven't had cause to look that closely. Now if you want to take advantage of your fellow canuck by demanding a bottle of single malt instead of a case of suds that's a different problem. :ROF I figured you would be able to use a little help with that new Ingy.
I'm more of a beer guy on a hot, hot summer's day. Never got a taste for any of the harder stuff. :ROF

I felt that Rol's advice pertained only to the interchangability of the housings within the RM decks. I did not sense that Rol indicated that the RM spindle housing was the same as the one for the letter decks. I guess we'll have to wait and see what Rol says on the issue.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I'm more of a beer guy on a hot, hot summer's day. Never got a taste for any of the harder stuff. :ROF

I felt that Rol's advice pertained only to the interchangability of the housings within the RM decks. I did not sense that Rol indicated that the RM spindle housing was the same as the one for the letter decks. I guess we'll have to wait and see what Rol says on the issue.
Rol say's they are NOT interchangeable! At least not on the ones "Rol" has seen!

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
They are interchangeable. There are a few design variations from early cast iron, to mid-years die cast aluminum, and back to later cast iron units. But as best I can figure out, they all take the same bearings and mounting patterns ... right down to the C10810 spacer that fits between the bearings.

Brian

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
They are interchangeable. There are a few design variations from early cast iron, to mid-years die cast aluminum, and back to later cast iron units. But as best I can figure out, they all take the same bearings and mounting patterns ... right down to the C10810 spacer that fits between the bearings.

Brian
So I was right to start with and didn't know enough to leave well enough alone!

But it is difficult being right- - - - - - by mistake! Hmmm!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts