My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Where do you measure to find out the deck size? I'm thinking from blade tip to blade tip when blades are lined up perpendicular to the forward/aft line of the tractor. Is this correct?

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Yup, deck size = "cutting width". So if you have a narrow gate or doorway you're looking to pass, take the "overall deck width" measurement.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

It's a 212. And since I'm not very experienced with the different models and which decks come with which tractors I thought I'd ask here.

It's new belt time and I want to order one online. Our JD dealer and local Napa dealer seem to think their belts are all made of gold. So if I can find the deck size then I can order one online. (I hope.)

I did get a couple of tiller belts for my 300 online, half of what Napa wanted and they seem to be holding up. So I'll try the same place.

Oops, forgot. It has 3 blades.

So I went out to measure it and can't find my tape. That is ONE of my six tapes. I remember I kept buying them (cheapies) because I kept losing/misplacing them. Nothing has changed. AAArrrrrgggghhhh.

·
Super Moderator
32,559 Posts
There were 2 decks with 3 blades made for the 200 series originally. The 47 inch deck has 2 deck wheels and the 46 inch deck has 4 deck wheels. I could get my 46 inch deck and now my 48 inch replacement deck through my 4 ft gate (opening is 52.5 inches) but neither one had a discharge chute mounted.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reckon I have the 47" then since it had the 2 pulleys on the deck.

Thank you for that. Any chance you know the length of the belt? I assume it's a 1/2" wide one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts