My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta ask...

I've seen this mentioned in a few posts and I'm wondering if Deere has changed something. Back when I bought my X304, Deere was using different decks for the 300's than they use for the 100's. Both were 42" decks, but there were a several differences in the design.

The 100's used a single hook to hang the front of the mower deck. (The 300's used two.) The 100's have washer ports. (The 300's didn't.) The belt path's for the decks were different, too. Has this been changed? Deere still has the two different decks on their site.

Here's the X300. Note the Sku 21892.

Here's the LA135. Note the Sku BG20471 and the fact that the "fits" list doesn't include any of the X300 series. Here's another set of pics.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I dont know but I just posted about "gator blades" and the LA135...Maybe the 42" decks are different and that's what was so confusing to me and the online dealer....too new to link u to my post.
c1tobor

·
Super Moderator
16,753 Posts
The Decks are not the same. Varmint 304 is correct on the differences and one that he didn't mention they have diffrent spindles between the two decks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts