My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking at deep dome deck vs lawnboy deck and i really dont see on how deep dome decks are better,the only things i see that could make them worse is (i could be wrong) the more area, the less are air flow pressure. it will take more grass usually more than the motor can handle.and when it comes to dischargeing, the discharge port is smaller than the sides of the deck,making the grass fight its way out.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
you're on ta somethin there, i looked ay my 'boys, then the mtd...the deck is like a " n..

well cant draw but yea, kinda odd dome, some of the almost look like a upside down bundt pan
cant be too efficient

·
Registered
412 Posts
The dome helps to strengthen the deck. Allows a thinner gauge metal. A trade off between cut and bottom line? No facts, just saying is all.

·
Lawn Mower Fan
681 Posts
I think the taller decks bag better. I think the L-B staggered decks mulch better. Although I use my Honda to mulch sometimes, it seems to work best as a bagger.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm hadnt thought of how much better they bag,although the toro isnt a deep dome,it doesent drop nothing til its full,and my freinds lawnboy 10518 doesent bag at all! (no matter how slow you go with the engine at WOT!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts