My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've been able to repair/fab parts as req on my Super 12. I'm in the process of cleaning up my mowing deck (917.253592, I think), and I need to get a pulley. The pulley has the number "7293H" on it, and also the letter "K". Where could I find such a critter, and about how much would it cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Is this pulley for the center mandrel assembly or is it for one of the outboard (side) mandrels?

If it is for the outboard mandrel, I may be able to help you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's for the outboard mandrel. Somebody broke a chip off the side (I don't know who, I was the only one there, and I don't want to take the blame). I've since discovered that there are a pair of set screws attaching it. The other side and the center pulley came off fine.

·
Registered
870 Posts
If you pm me your email I'll text some photos of what I have.

These cast iron pulleys can be fragile. Ive chipped a couple myself.

Ill be glad to send just the pulley or I can send a mandrel that is complete but needs to be rebuilt (new bearings) for the cost of shipping if they look right.

Let me know.

Mark

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sears pulley.jpg

mdigby found some pulleys that were almost, but not quite, the same as what I'm looking for. Since my camera won't cooperate, I made a sketch of the pulley. All dimensions are from a tape measure. The keyway (KW) is 1/4 x 1/8.

Thanks.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Skip3

you have mail. I dug a bit deeper today and found another outboard mandrel. It has the grease fitting in the pulley like you describe. Let me know if you want to try it out. It has a number on the pulley, but I cannot quite make it out. I sent you some pictures.

Thanks

·
7000 posts and climbing!
7,145 Posts
I have taken some time to try to match up a replacement sheave with what is currently available on the market and came up empty for the time being. These sheaves have a recessed area on the bottom side so they ride really low. You might consider having a machine shop make them out of a piece of stock. I think it is easier to simply find a good used OEM part if you can find one.

·
7000 posts and climbing!
7,145 Posts
I found some pictures of some mandrels I was working several months ago. A set of taper lock sheaves is next to the OEM Sears mandrels. You can tell how the taper lock sheaves are flat on both sides and will not work right.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts