My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a tough time leveling the deck on my 2042.. What am I doing wrong? It's a simple single bolt adjustment on the left side. Even when the front deck wheels touchdown on the concrete at the same time, even when the blades measure the same distance up from the ground on either side.. I don't get it. The tires have the proper amount of air pressure. But, when I cut, the left side is still quite a bit lower than the right. So, I raise the deck on the left side to compensate for whatever difference might be there and it still isn't right...

Any tips or suggestions for a more proper way to make the adjustment??

Cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
um, is there not another arm just like the one on the left on the right side? 2042 diagram shows that it has lift arms on both sides and each has a nut to adjust it with.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I'm having a tough time leveling the deck on my 2042.. What am I doing wrong? It's a simple single bolt adjustment on the left side. Even when the front deck wheels touchdown on the concrete at the same time, even when the blades measure the same distance up from the ground on either side.. I don't get it. The tires have the proper amount of air pressure. But, when I cut, the left side is still quite a bit lower than the right. So, I raise the deck on the left side to compensate for whatever difference might be there and it still isn't right...

Any tips or suggestions for a more proper way to make the adjustment??

Cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your mower model has manual pto engagement, try engaging the pto when leveling the deck. That's the position the deck will be in while mowing. Depending on the mechanical design, some decks change position (squirm) more than others with blade engagement.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
The wheels should not be used to gauge the height. Measure from the blade tips and turn the blades 90 degrees to measure again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts