My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have 2 LGT's one is open sided and one closed...
I took the undercarriage off both on saturday expecting them to be the same size... Was going to swap them for the bushing that connects to the lift arm... but, they are not identical.. The arms that connect to the front of the the tractor are longer on my older lgt... I have decks from both that are identical though, so, not sure why the hangers are different... The frames on both tractors seem to have identical mounting points. ???? what am I missing, how / why are they different?

Dave

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The close sided tractor looks the same but is different in many small ways , so this is why. The closed sided tractor also has more ground clearance too, not much but enough.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I snapped a pick, I did notice that the closed sided tractor had about 1/2 inch extra ground clearance due to the way the front axle is mounted...
but, the hangers are a good 4 inches different in lenght.

You can see that the on the blue one the cross bar is much further back than on the black ( blue is older / black is newer)

I tried to fit the blue hanger on my 2 mower decks and it didn't look right on either one, I have to think that the blue hanger is for a different style of deck...
other than the front arms all the other dimmensions are the same...

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts