My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an opportunity and couldn't help myself. This 54" has seen better days, but it was cheap enough to tempt me. I'll try to strip it down and repaint it this winter. I'd like to keep my 48" in mulch mode and use this for general mowing but it has a few issues. It's missing the plastic chute, which I'm not too concerned about. The front half of the pto shaft is missing as well as the two caster arms and wheels. That's just baffling. I don't see what use those would be to anyone by themselves. I can probably use it without the casters if I'm careful and I can move the front part of the pto shaft between the decks if I have to.

The shell itself is in pretty good condition and should clean up well.

Replacing the casters and shaft looks like an expensive proposition if I buy from a retailer. If anyone knows of a deck otherwise ready for the scrapyard, I would surely appreciate a message.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
That's a rough one - but the 3K Series decks aren't cheap no matter which way you dice it. Congrats on the find!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a rough one - but the 3K Series decks aren't cheap no matter which way you dice it. Congrats on the find!
I'm wondering if the caster arms are common to the 2000/3000 decks. It looks to me like the 44/54/60 decks are the same for both series with the exception of the shaft and gearbox. If you ever get both in the shop at the same time, can you take a look?

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Sure can :) I can tell ya without having them together to compare, though, that the 3000 Series use different components than the 2000 Series do for the outriggers and casters. The designs are similar, you are correct, but the wheels, caster yoke assembly, and the caster arm assembly along with the mounting brackets and height adjusters are all different. And, of course, the rear rollers/stripers are nonexistent on the 2000 Series :)

·
1025R FILB Owner
299 Posts
Good score on the deck... if you don't need to use it right away, you could probably score most of the missing parts from ebay. I'm most likely going to buy a new shell for the 54" I have, but if I end up with a new one, you'll have first shot at it. Being from Ohio, I'm slightly bias...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.