My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a deck cleaning gizmo from empirewasher.com. seems to work pretty well. $19.95 plus $6.00 s&h with money back satisfaction including shipping.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Have you used it enough yet to say it really works? I am interested in it now, I would like to hear more input of how well it worked, and maybe see some before and after shots.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sprayed under deck with a product called MO-DECK before mowing. After mowing damp 1/2 acre of damp grass I used the deck washer and there was no trace of grass left. The MO-DECK treatment is supposed to last a full season.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
I firmly believe that by the end of this century we will have the final answer to the "Grass Goo Under the Deck" so many people the world over are experiencing. So far, either everything works part of the time or nothing works sometimes...

I'm suggesting a new investigative series for the History Channel, "Grass Goo Solution Hunter Quest"...:D

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
About ten years ago I made my own deck washer, similar to the Empire unit. It consists of a 30" piece of 1" PVC waterline capped on one end. The other end has a garden hose adapter on it. I clamped it to a 1" by 4" board with galvanized pipe clamps. Then I drilled 1/64" holes every 4", splaying them at a 45 degree angle from one hole to the next, starting at the top center. I use it after damp mowings and does an effective job of getting the grass off from under the deck. Be assured that I'm NOT putting down the Empire unit, but I think that the one I made is effective for me anyway. I made it with stuff I had laying around the shop. Just saving a buck or two, you know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts