My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my YS4500 for 3 years now. It mows just fine and has been a good cheap mower. I do about 1 1/2 acre every week. It is the best used anything I have ever purschased.

My problems is that the front rod to adjust the height of the deck does not bring up the deck far enoughl up to to let me use the 3 lower adjustment levels. I can uise the 6, 5 and level 4 the rollers are rolling on the grass. I was thinking of running the threads farther down the shaft. I have the pivit and nut run all the way down now. It is very level and does a great job but I leave it on high with no need to drop it. If I miss and the grass is too long I get out the Old FarmAll and use a pull deck mower.
Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Seems like most of this happens on the YS4500's with the 18 inch tires. The 20" tires give you a bit more range of deck adj. I thought of threading the rod also, but the lift arms in the rear would top out against the body before the extra range on the front rod would be of any help. I just keep mowing in the 6,5,4 positions and really havent had any issues. Sometimes I would like the deck to ride higher in the 6 position over obstacles (fallen limbs ect.) but just have to be careful.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like some one wanted to save a dollar with smaller tires. It looks like it came from an office and not an engineer. Larger tires would solve the problem. I did not look at the clearance of the back arms. I will later today. Sorry about your problem but glad it is not only me. It made no sense how little room there was for adjustmen. Cut cost and kill qality seems to be Sears moto. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts