My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was really bad in there, way back in the woods, deep ruts, mud, and steep hills.

did most of it in 2 hi but one part i used 4 lo, cause the grill was pointed at the sky

the truck got a little dirty i had to go through some mud about 10'' deep to got out of there i felt the rear end hit ground onece too :hide:

i dont think some mud will hurt any thing will it? its bugging me now first thing tomorrow morning the pressure washer is coming out so i can get every nook and cranny of the under side,

anybody else done this?

storys and pics would be cool :wwp: :thanku:

·
Registered
23 Posts
What truck do you have?

I did plenty of offroading and mudding in my truck. Key is to keep the inner wheel wells other other rust prone areas clean. Even if I didn't wash the truck, which would sometimes be weeks at a time, I would at least rinse out the rockers and wheel wells. I was even careful not to wash off the mud on the body Haha. But my truck is a 96 Ford, and you probably know most all of them have or have had rust issues. Mine is all original sheet metal with no rust issues ever. Also every winter I clean out the same rust prove places at the car wash once the roads were clean after a snow storm.

not stuck, just waiting for the trail ahead to clear

Now this is stuck Haha

nother view of stuck

And now you can see why it's stuck

And gettin pulled out

and some inside

roof

All that was done with only 2" lift front only, stock rear, and 31/10.50s. The truck now rides on a 6" and 33s

·
The Link King
1,056 Posts
Nice truck offroader. Can you get a picture of the gauges?

·
The Link King
1,056 Posts
it was really bad in there, way back in the woods, deep ruts, mud, and steep hills.

did most of it in 2 hi but one part i used 4 lo, cause the grill was pointed at the sky

the truck got a little dirty i had to go through some mud about 10'' deep to got out of there i felt the rear end hit ground onece too :hide:

i dont think some mud will hurt any thing will it? its bugging me now first thing tomorrow morning the pressure washer is coming out so i can get every nook and cranny of the under side,

anybody else done this?

storys and pics would be cool :wwp: :thanku:
make sure you get all the mud off your driveshaft. Otherwise it can stick and make it unbalanced.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not tryin to highjack the thread but offroader, are you on F150online.com?
No I am not. Looked at it a few times, but never got into it. used to be on FordTruckWorld a lot, but not in well over a year. OlderFseries.net is my usual hang out as I am an Admin there.

Nice truck offroader. Can you get a picture of the gauges?
I've taken them out since because the transformer for the electroluminescent lighting blew out on me. I'll put them back in when I get another transformer though cause I love em. Didn't like white and the white ones have a big glowing bright ring int he middle of speedo. Silver matched my truck better and the lighting is easier on the eyes.

make sure you get all the mud off your driveshaft. Otherwise it can stick and make it unbalanced.
Also don't let mud pack up in the wheels. I never had an issue with the driveshaft but it is possible. I've had probs with the wheels being packed on more than one occasion.

And just a side note, the truck has since been lifted 6"s and sits on 33" swampers. tons more pics here for those interested in seeing more. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/offroadbronco4x4/96 F150 4x4 Eddie Bauer/

back on topic, a rear locker will also help capabilities. I got a second hand richmond lock rite that replaces only the spider gears in the diff. With that in the stocker form seen above, I went farther into a lot places than my friend with his lifted wrangler out in the woods, on trails, and in mud. I even got just as far as him in 2wheel low when he was in 4low.

And also since you said you felt the rear hit the ground, if you are talking about the diff or rear axle, check it out. I peeled the diff cover up on mine one time. Pulled the bottom 2-3 bolts right through the cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts