Name:
Kevin

Great wall.jpg

Member number:

What city, and state, do you live in?
Near Myrtle Beach,SC

Are you married?
Yes.

If so, your wife's name and how many years you've been married?
Susan, married for 25 years.

Do you have any children?
Two daughters.

If so, please give their names, and respective ages:
Carolyn and April, old enough to move out of the house.

Carolyn on Suburban-15.jpg

Do you have any grandchildren?
Yes.

If so, how many?
One precious little girl.

What do you do to earn a living?
Currently an Installation Manager for a Life Safety company installing industrial Fire Alarm, Nurse Call and other lifesaving devices in major construction sites.

How old are you?

Military service?
Was unable to join, served as a US contractor supporting the troops instead for ten years in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Kevin flying in Afghanistan.jpg Wife sent me StarTrek action figure in Afghanistan.jpg Me welding Iraq.jpg

How did you come to join MTF?
Joined MTF while researching tractor information in preparation to purchase my first tractor.

What are your favorite forums and why?
Been hanging out in the Cooking Forum a lot lately because I love to cook/eat.
Do enjoy reading the Motorcycles, Welding/Metal Working, Lawn & Garden Tractors, and the Big Tractors forums.
When time is available I roam across the MTF site.

Kevin VTX.jpg Me in the garden.jpg

What do you like most about MTF?
The knowledgeable people who enjoy helping and sharing their experience with the new tractor owners.

Please list your tractors and/or equipment:
Currently own 1972 SEARS Suburban 15 garden tractor with several plowing/planting implements that my Uncle purchased new and gave to me so I could restore it.
I also own a 2012 TYM T 233 with FEL, box blade, 7’ finish mower and a few more old implements.
Threw out the bearings in my old 6ft tiller(need to fix that before spring).
Sold my old 1950 TO 20 Ferguson tractor….Miss the old gal!

What is your favorite tractor or piece of equipment and why?
The 1972 Suburban 15, every kid on Grassy Branch learned how to drive on that little tractor. Plus my uncle gave it to me before he passed away. Uncle Floyd displayed the picture of the restored tractor on his refrigerator to show everyone who visited him what I have done.

Me on 1972 Suburban-15.jpg

Is there a tractor or piece of equipment you'd love to own someday?
Planning on a Ford 8N one of these years.

Tell us some of the tasks you use your tractors and/or equipment for?
Gardening (plowing), mowing, scraping 400ft driveway, bush hogging, fork lifting and the FEL on the T 233 is a wonderful back saver for all kinds of jobs.

Kevin Grading Driveway.jpg

Could you describe your property for us?
Mostly open grass field/garden with some woods on level 3.5 acres.

Is there something you'd love to build or restore someday?
Planning to restore a Ford 8N someday.

Most memorable tractor moment?
My uncle Floyd letting me drive the Suburban 15 for the first time. My legs were too short to operate the brake/clutch so I had to use the key switch to stop it.

Earliest tractor memories?
Guessing I was 5 years old that I can remember. I’ve seen pictures of me being held on Uncle Floyd's very first tractor, before that he had horse drawn plow.

Do you have any other hobbies or interests that you'd like to share with us?
Ornamental Iron work, welding, gardening, cooking or anything dealing with old mechanical equipment.

What do the other people in your life think of your "tractor" hobby?
Wife just smiles and shakes her head….LOL!

12-15.png

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Congrats Kevin. I was nice to read this and get to know a little more about you. Once again congrats and well deserved. :thThumbsU

·
Professional Amateur
1,269 Posts
Congrats Kevin! Very well deserved!

·
Administrator
12,862 Posts
Congrats Kevin, enjoyed the read!!!! The family history with the Suburban is very cool!

·
Super Moderator
16,923 Posts
Very good interview and getting to 'know' another member here---

I always read your sections in the cooking forum--and I think--Boy, that's guy is all right out there at the grill!

Nice!

glenn

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,297 Posts
Congrats Kevin, it was nice to learn more about you!

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
A BIG Congratulations, Sand! Myrtle Beach, eh? Oh me, love that place. Been going there since I was a tadpole and now I'm a tortoise. Love your tractors!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Congratulations Kevin!!! Good Going Man. Guys I have had the pleaser to be invited to Kevin's place for a cook-out. The Guys has a nice place and family. Kevin know how to cook. I got to get down to see you again Kevin.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,740 Posts
Congratulations Kevin. I sure do enjoy reading about your culinary skills. :thThumbsU

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Congratulations Kevin and thank you for sticking around. Enjoyed the read. :fing32:

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Thanks Everyone for the Congratulations and kind comments!

MTF wanting to do an article about me was a great surprise! :thanku:

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Biker: "I got to get down to see you again Kevin."
Always welcome at the homestead!

MacLawn
Myrtle Beach, eh? Oh me, love that place.
MacLawn and Biker we may need to set up a Spring 2016 BBQ and plow day at the Beach. :fing32:

I still need to fix my old Suburban, got the parts but no time to play (seem to be on the run all the time). Winter is here and I'm sure there will be some rainy days to repair the old gal.

·
Premium Member
10,027 Posts
Congratulations Kevin! I have some Relatives living in Myrtle Beach, Been a while sense I have been there.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Congratulations Kevin! I have some Relatives living in Myrtle Beach, Been a while sense I have been there.
:thanku:

Next time your in the area visiting family, look me up! :fing32:

Got plenty of room for campers and about 20mins from the beaches. Close enough to enjoy the ocean, far enough out to live the country life.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Always welcome at the homestead!

MacLawn and Biker we may need to set up a Spring 2016 BBQ and plow day at the Beach. :fing32:

I still need to fix my old Suburban, got the parts but no time to play (seem to be on the run all the time). Winter is here and I'm sure there will be some rainy days to repair the old gal.
Kevin,

We sure can do that for sure. We feed them so much until the guys will sit under a tree with the dogs for the afternoon!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Kevin,

We sure can do that for sure. We feed them so much until the guys will sit under a tree with the dogs for the afternoon!!!!!
Got that right! :fing32:

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Congrats Kevin.
That is a beautiful barn and a beautiful garden.
And a gorgeous pit!

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts